Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 24-06-2013, 09:47 PM   #101
Japo
Autonomous human

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musteriuz View Post
Well I would review it for you with pleasure - if it will run on my Win XP machine (I do have DOSbox on here, but I'm not sure how well it runs). Unfortunately my DOS set-up machine is not currently in the same country as me. At least I am willing to give it a shot if you could let me have the game for review.
Thanks! I just sent you a message with a private download link.

The game seems to be for Windows 95. It has to be quite possible to run it in XP, probably directly. Otherwise, if you have problems, we can help you at the troubleshooting board; I recommend to take a look at this guide first of all if it doesn't work directly from XP. At least with Virtual PC it should be sure to work.

I've noted down the reservation over here for bookkeeping.
Old 25-06-2013, 06:55 PM   #102
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

I am heavily recommend to get modified version of game. Otherwise you'll get in 2 problems very soon: somewhat erroneous card overlay (text hints are missed) and restriction for screen resolution (game supports only 640x480, 800x600 and 1024x768. Any other resolution, and you'll run into errors in deck editor mode).

But, on the other hand, only original CD-version have interactive tutorial written on Macromedia Director (and it doesn't work on systems newer than Win98).

If you insist to use original version - install free Application Compatibility Toolkit from Microsoft and found ACT patch for MtG. It must fix both mentioned problems on Win98.
Smiling Spectre is offline                         Send a private message to Smiling Spectre
Old 26-06-2013, 03:00 PM   #103
Musteriuz

Thanks for all the info guys. I will do what I can and ask if I get stuck.

*Edit - Hi Spectre, I tried getting the modified version, but whilst the download only took 40mins, the seeding has been going on for more than 12 hours, so that doesn't seem a viable option either.

Last edited by Musteriuz; 29-06-2013 at 10:44 AM.
Musteriuz is offline                         Send a private message to Musteriuz