Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting > Troubleshooting Archive
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2005, 04:54 AM   #1
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Quote:
I try to run WIN95 games to run on my XP, but a popup comes up saying the file AUTOEXEC.NT is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Can someone please help!!!
Since we are getting this question several times a week now, I am pinning this thread for easier reference. Hopefully some people might even see it before asking for help about it. This is a quote from Mouse31e several weeks ago:

Quote:
I don't know how many threads I've said this in now!

Search for autoexec.nt it's on your computer but the problem is that it's not in the system32 folder where it should be because something has moved it! Once you find it copy it back to system32 and your games should work fine. Make sure you get autoexec.nt and NOT autoexec.nt_ . They are different files.

autoexec.nt is the winXP version of autoexec.bat. The game is looking for it in system32 where it should be but it can't find it so it returns that error message which doesn't really make sense.

Hope this helps!!!!
If by a stroke of bad luck you can't find your autoexec.nt file, go here. You will find both a way to get the file back from your installation CD and a link to download the missing file on that page. Thanks for Ali for this link.

Happy gaming. k:
Closed Thread