Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 25-02-2017, 08:30 PM   #1
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Unhappy Goodbye, Agnitum

On Mar. 1 the Agnitum website and support close down.
Agnitum quit business and development. Outpost support and updates ended on January 9. You still got a chance to migrate
to Kaspersky Internet Security for free! The migration deadline has been extended up to Feb. 28, 2017. This is the last call!
Visit the migration page now to ensure continuous protection!

Source: Agnitum homepage
Old 25-02-2017, 08:40 PM   #2
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Unhappy

Agnitum has stopped sales of the Outpost product line. The technical support and antivirus database updates terminate on January 9, 2017. In this regard, we encourage you to exchange active Outpost licenses for a license to Kaspersky Internet Security free of charge.

Agreement to the license exchange program terminates the license for Outpost. Thus you cannot use and update Outpost products after receiving Kaspersky keys.

You can exchange purchased licenses for Outpost Antivirus Pro, Outpost Personal Firewall Pro, Outpost Security Suite Pro, Outpost Network Security.

Licenses for Outpost Firewall Free, Outpost Security Suite Free, Jammer and Tauscan are not eligible for the exchange.

We suggest the following procedure for exchanging your license for free:

Active Outpost license .................................................. .. Kaspersky Internet Security license
License expiring in 2016 .................................................. Ineligible for exchange
License expiring in 2017 .................................................. 1-year license to Kaspersky Internet Security 3 PC
Lifetime license .................................................. ........... 2-year license to Kaspersky Internet Security 3 PC (you will receive two subsequently activated 1-year license keys)
Business and educational license expiring in 2017 or later .... In order to receive the exchange offer, please contact us through the support form and provide your active license key.

Kaspersky Internet Security license should be activated untill February 28, 2017.

For exchanging licenses, individuals are requested to enter an active Outpost registration key in the form below.

You can find the key in the registration key email. Please copy the text between Registration Key lines using your mouse, and paste the key into the form. You can also copy it from the "key" file located at

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Agnitum\Security Suite\ (Windows XP)
C:\ProgramData\Agnitum\Security Suite\ (Windows Vista and later OSs)

If you can't find your key, please use the lost registration key form to retrieve it.
Old 25-02-2017, 09:16 PM   #3
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Unhappy

Is is the end of an era...

Unfortunately, I have 9 lifetime licenses (3 Outpost Personal Firewall Pro and 6 Outpost Security Suite Pro)... And sure it was a fast lifetime...

Since I also have 3-year License for Kaspersky Internet Security, it is pointless to migrate from OSSP to KIS)...

Perhaps the old fans of Agnitum will love KIS(s)...
Old 26-02-2017, 09:14 AM   #4
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystvan View Post
Perhaps the old fans of Agnitum will love KIS(s)...
No.

I prefer Dr.Web. But it's actually already migrated to KIS way, becoming big ugly monster without much of manual control. :|
Old 09-03-2017, 05:54 PM   #5
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Smile

You could still use the old Agnitum Outpost Firewall Pro and another AV like AVG, avast, NOD32, Bitdefender, Avira, etc.
Old 10-03-2017, 11:16 AM   #6
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Quote:
You could still use the old Agnitum Outpost Firewall Pro and another AV like AVG, avast, NOD32, Bitdefender, Avira, etc.
Sorry, Mysvan, but implementing to reality, your reply sounds for me much like "Why you need fresh bread, you always can eat stale one, breadcrumbs, potato peels, etc." In the modern internet, your AV is too old if it's week old.

OFC, without internet (and usb-sticks, and network, and...) you'll be fine... Just as without AV at all.
Old 10-03-2017, 06:54 PM   #7
tienkhoanguyen
[BANNED]

Default I have nalstalgia.

With OS increasing all the time I ache for a time of Windows 8. Then I have more nalstalgia and I ache for MS-DOS. Then reality hits and I have DOSBox. Argh hehe
tienkhoanguyen is offline                         Send a private message to tienkhoanguyen
Old 11-03-2017, 09:46 PM   #8
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre View Post
Sorry, Mysvan, but implementing to reality, your reply sounds for me much like "Why you need fresh bread, you always can eat stale one, breadcrumbs, potato peels, etc." In the modern internet, your AV is too old if it's week old.

OFC, without internet (and usb-sticks, and network, and...) you'll be fine... Just as without AV at all.
I understand what you are trying to say, but, even so, in my humble opinion, my friend, I believe Agnitum is still superior than other “firewalls”.

Only a few of them (Kaspersky, ZoneAlarm?, Comodo and anything else?) are match for Outpost Firewall Pro.

On the other hand, unfortunately, Outpost AV is only average (from extinct VirusBuster technology)... And also Comodo AV is even worse. Awful!
Old 14-03-2017, 07:58 PM   #9
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
I believe Agnitum is still superior than other “firewalls”.
Well, I strayed off course. My fault. I talked about antiviruses, not firewalls.

Anyway, Agnitum was great (so I purchased it at work, and then got lifetime license)... ten years ago. Well, maybe six. Then it started to be out of its league. I still have it at work on my old XP, but it had so numerous issues with Win8 that I had to turn it off and never return. It blocked everything (it blocked start of _DOSBOX_. Imagine!). Failed to wrote configuration. Limited my internet... Ah, well, sorry and bye, old friend.

Quote:
]Only a few of them (Kaspersky, ZoneAlarm?, Comodo and anything else?) are match for Outpost Firewall Pro.
Kaspersky is enough. It's too powerful for it's own good, actually, and I had to tune it now and again at work... but it does its work.
Old 14-03-2017, 08:24 PM   #10
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre View Post
Well, I strayed off course. My fault. I talked about antiviruses, not firewalls.

Anyway, Agnitum was great (so I purchased it at work, and then got lifetime license)... ten years ago. Well, maybe six. Then it started to be out of its league. I still have it at work on my old XP, but it had so numerous issues with Win8 that I had to turn it off and never return. It blocked everything (it blocked start of _DOSBOX_. Imagine!). Failed to wrote configuration. Limited my internet... Ah, well, sorry and bye, old friend.

Kaspersky is enough. It's too powerful for it's own good, actually, and I had to tune it now and again at work... but it does its work.
Yes, I remember well on my Windows XP and now Windows 7. I really loved the old OFP 4.0 (?) with many modules and nice GUI. Rest in peace, Agnitum. We will certainly remember you in our memories with affection.