Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 02-02-2005, 10:56 PM   #21
ReamusLQ
Home Sweet Abandonia

I guess what I am wondering, is WHO decides if the game is below average to put on the site? Isn't that kind of a call that differs from individual to individual?
ReamusLQ is offline                         Send a private message to ReamusLQ
Old 03-02-2005, 08:03 AM   #22
Mats
Abandonia nerd

I guess that's mostly up to the individual person that uploads the game. If someone goes through the trouble to upload a game and possible write a review and other stuff, there has to be something that has captured that person, and there is a chance that the same thing will happen to other people. But still, the game does go through some game testing before it is put on the site, therefore somekind of sub-par pac-man clone that has been uploaded just to screw with somone, won't appear here (hopefully) :angel: .

Oh. and I don't see the screenshots of the game.

///MJ
Mats is offline                         Send a private message to Mats
Old 03-02-2005, 11:54 AM   #23
Mad-E-Fact
Games Master

Are you guys getting music to play using DosBox? If so, what settings did you chose? I'm getting only sound effects, no matter what I do in the setup.
Mad-E-Fact is offline                         Send a private message to Mad-E-Fact
Old 03-02-2005, 12:05 PM   #24
Mats
Abandonia nerd

I only got that while playing in WinXP, but by using dosbox i also get the music.

there are a few things you may try:
1/ dosbox by default emulates sound blaster Port 220 DMA 7 IRQ 1, try setting the sound to these settings and see if something happens.
2/ or you could try installing VDM sound if you already haven't done this and also check if you have the latest version of dosbox (0.63)

You should do all you can to get the music working because it is one of the best up's for the game.

///MJ
Old 03-02-2005, 02:13 PM   #25
Mad-E-Fact
Games Master

Hmm... I went through all the settings, and I do have music now. Dunno what was wrong, might be DMA was set to 5 before.

Would installing VDM sound have same improvement in the sound quality over using DosBox only? Or is it not neccessary if I am using DosBox already?
Mad-E-Fact is offline                         Send a private message to Mad-E-Fact
Old 03-02-2005, 03:56 PM   #26
Jingo James

I can't get it to run either..... It seems when I try to run it in dosbox it doesn't work. I do the following: after mounting and finding the directory, I type "touche", it shows the credits screen I suppose showing who cracked it and so on. When I press enter or any key it goes back to the dos screen and show the copyright run time thing, then says "Cracked by Hybrid - Quality before Quantity" and that's it. So in short it shows the credits screen and then when I press any key it brings me back to the dos screen... Can anyone help a guy out :blink: ? Thanks.

by the way, I did try to put the directory in C:.... No dice either so.. now what?
Old 03-02-2005, 04:36 PM   #27
Jeppe

Exactly same problem here :help:

Old 03-02-2005, 05:32 PM   #28
JJXB
Pi-voh

it worked with vdmsound for me so use vdmsound and change the settings in setup.exe to what your vdmsound config is
JJXB is offline                         Send a private message to JJXB
Old 04-02-2005, 08:02 AM   #29
Mats
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by Jingo James@Feb 3 2005, 04:56 PM
I can't get it to run either..... It seems when I try to run it in dosbox it doesn't work. I do the following: after mounting and finding the directory, I type "touche", it shows the credits screen I suppose showing who cracked it and so on. When I press enter or any key it goes back to the dos screen and show the copyright run time thing, then says "Cracked by Hybrid - Quality before Quantity" and that's it. So in short it shows the credits screen and then when I press any key it brings me back to the dos screen... Can anyone help a guy out :blink: ? Thanks.

by the way, I did try to put the directory in C:.... No dice either so.. now what?
Hmm, one thing is to check that you have the latest version of dosbox (0.63), but I have one question: do you mount it so that it looks like this: C:\touche.exe or do you mount it like this: C:\touche\touche.exe
The latter is the correct one, I don't even think that the first one would work.

///MJ
Old 04-02-2005, 09:24 AM   #30
til
Thumbs up

plz help! i gave some of my goodies to henri and i can`t see them now in the inventory.
how can i retrieve them from him?

thanks a lot