Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

View Poll Results: Should he die
Yes, but Bush sr. should too 1 2.94%
No, but Bush sr. should too 0 0%
Yes, but Bush jr. should too 2 5.88%
No, but Bush jr. should too 2 5.88%
They should all die 7 20.59%
Nobody should die 18 52.94%
Yes, Saddam should be executed 4 11.76%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-09-2005, 09:31 AM   #31
Office_Monk
Game freak

None of those options... They should just all be locked away in a sanitarium... These guys aren't any better as Adolf Hitler so shouldn't be leading a country!
Office_Monk is offline                         Send a private message to Office_Monk
Old 09-09-2005, 05:08 PM   #32
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

You also have to remember that George Bush sr. did some terrible things.

As much as I dislike sr. his father was just as bad. Saddam was hardly innocent, but he didn't kill of literally thousands of people in an attempt to clear a motorway so that his forces could run away faster. Gassing the Kurds was an unfortunate necessity. Nothing more than that.

There we are though. I may be biased, but on the other hand, this is from what I've heard and seen from real people. I haven't watched films about it (I personally believe that people should be able to tell that people are good/bad, not have it spooned to them in film form) but I've talked to real people about it.
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 09-09-2005, 05:35 PM   #33
swiss
who's not Swiss

Quote:
Originally posted by Office_Monk@Sep 9 2005, 09:31 AM
None of those options...* They should just all be locked away in a sanitarium...* These guys aren't any better as Adolf Hitler so shouldn't be leading a country!
No one ever (in the last 100 years) was as evil and sick as Adolf Hitler!

I am not for the Bush reign and not for a reign as Saddam did but the fanatic sick fu.... genocide in Hitler's times cannot be compared to anything else!

----

Talking abount AntiAmericanism - I am against such things! But I am sort of a pacifist and it horrorfies me when I think of the leader of the hugest force in the world who sends out his troops to "fight the terror" and tries to fight fire with fire. That is wrong!

---

We should make a rule to this forum to NOT be allowed to post political and religious question .... IMHO.
swiss is offline                         Send a private message to swiss
Old 09-09-2005, 05:47 PM   #34
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

I don't think so. I think that politics and religion are just another part of our lives and if we can discuss sex, or even who we are then politics and religion sohuld be allowed to be commented on.
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 10-09-2005, 05:32 AM   #35
allyfaucet
Abandonia nerd

I'm for political/religion questions. It's everywhere, so I don't think this forum should ignore it.

And America bashing sucks :not_ok: I nulled my vote, at first, and then saw that one option was to JUST execute Saddaam.
allyfaucet is offline                         Send a private message to allyfaucet
Old 10-09-2005, 08:13 AM   #36
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

Yeah, sorry about that. I completely forgot to put Yes in there.

Also, I'm not America bashing at all.

I'm not trying to be biased, all of the things on the list on the first page were actually done by those leaders. And also, whilst I don't like American foreign policy (if you could call it that at all) at least they've stuck around this time to help out.

I'm sorry if it looks like I hate your country or if I am just intolerant of you, all I'm annoyed with is that your government is invading whole countries to get at one group (possibly). I personally wouldn't mind it if you just admitted that it was imperialism, that I can handle, but claiming that by invading countries you're saving lives from terrorists is just wrong. Do you not think that they will resent us even more for that?
Old 10-09-2005, 11:05 AM   #37
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Nick@Sep 9 2005, 06:36 AM
What you've been told from your leaders? Come on!
Belgium's government was against the war, silly.
Old 10-09-2005, 11:19 AM   #38
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

Most governments are against the war, I personally am and I'm from Britain in which Tony 'That fascist lapdog' Blair has decided that it's in our best interests.

There we are though, there we 3 million people in London protesting and still our views weren't heard. I'd have gone too, but other things got in the way.
Old 10-09-2005, 12:35 PM   #39
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by PrejudiceSucks@Sep 10 2005, 12:19 PM
but other things got in the way.
That's the spirit!
Old 10-09-2005, 10:56 PM   #40
Chuck the plant
Game Wizzard

I wonder why so many "only Saddam is the bad guy"-supporters here forget so conveniently about this:

Reckognize that friendly fella on the left?
You also conveniently forget about WHO was backing and arming Saddam back in the 80s to keep the "evil Iranians" at bay so the US didn't have to do the dirty work themselves. You also conveniently forget about WHO whipped the Kurds to an uprising by offering them any help they could give and then left them out in the cold. Forget about the Bush's, they're tools, puppets. The best thing that could happen to those people that had major roles in ANY republican gouvernment since the early 70's, like Mr. Rumsfeld and Mr. Chaney. THEY are the ones after whose blood everybody should be out. Or even better after the blood of the CEOs of so many large companies that have "their" men in the highest ranks of BOTH parties. Does anyone REALLY believe that either Bush Jr. OR Sr. are blessed with any real political knowledge? That they were truly "inspired"? Same for Reagan? Or even Clinton? They are helpless fools, ignorant rednecks who are grateful about any advice their "subordinates" can give them. They are easy to manipulate, like most dumb people.

To make one thing perfectly clear: I'm not defending Saddam. But no one should ever forget who made him what he became in the first place.

@ Nick: Well, I guess those people in your country that still consider "uncle Josef" to have been a great leader didn't care to much about the 20 million death's he was responsible for... I mean, there are also people who consider Hitler a great leader...
Chuck the plant is offline                         Send a private message to Chuck the plant