Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forgotten Games Bureau
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 12-11-2023, 12:35 PM   #1
dni476
Lurker

Question 2D Horror/Puzzle game involving flowers

I remember the game was of around 7 years ago.

I don't remember where it runed, but seeing it was around 7 years ago i'd assume a regular computer. Probably used windows.
The graphics were pretty much the average 2d top view game, like undertale. I don't remember much to anything about the music.
I don't think there was speech, only text dialog.

It was a psycological horror (i say psycological cause i don't think i remember any enemies, perhaps some monster maybe). Puzzle game aswell, that i'm very sure of.

The basic principle of the game was that you were "linked" to a red rose; if the flower died you died. That's why the savepoints were vases where you could water the rose.
The start scene was you and your family leaving a museum, but you got distracted and lost them. Suddenly the place was different and you were lost.
At some point in the game you found another person who was also linked to a flower, a blue rose. From that point on you two worked together (You could change characters) and solve puzzles together.

There was a scene in the game were you and the other character were in two different rooms and had to solve a puzzle. It involved a painting of a fisherman you had to make lower his fishing hook, so the other character in another room could see the fishing hook go down and get an item from it.

I'm pretty sure ITownGamePlay played this game a long time ago.

I also think the main character was a female, and the other character (blue rose) was a male.

Last edited by dni476; 12-11-2023 at 12:43 PM.
dni476 is offline                         Send a private message to dni476
Old 09-12-2023, 10:42 AM   #2
bqngar
Lurker

Default Found the game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dni476 View Post
I remember the game was of around 7 years ago.

I don't remember where it runed, but seeing it was around 7 years ago i'd assume a regular computer. Probably used windows.
The graphics were pretty much the average 2d top view game, like undertale. I don't remember much to anything about the music.
I don't think there was speech, only text dialog.

It was a psycological horror (i say psycological cause i don't think i remember any enemies, perhaps some monster maybe). Puzzle game aswell, that i'm very sure of.

The basic principle of the game was that you were "linked" to a red rose; if the flower died you died. That's why the savepoints were vases where you could water the rose.
The start scene was you and your family leaving a museum, but you got distracted and lost them. Suddenly the place was different and you were lost.
At some point in the game you found another person who was also linked to a flower, a blue rose. From that point on you two worked together (You could change characters) and solve puzzles together.

There was a scene in the game were you and the other character were in two different rooms and had to solve a puzzle. It involved a painting of a fisherman you had to make lower his fishing hook, so the other character in another room could see the fishing hook go down and get an item from it.

I'm pretty sure ITownGamePlay played this game a long time ago.

I also think the main character was a female, and the other character (blue rose) was a male.

Hello, I registered to the forum just so to reply to you, I assume the game you are talking about is Ib. Let me elaborate:

"Ib" is a free-to-play indie horror role-playing game (RPG) created by the Japanese game developer Kouri. The game was initially released in 2012 and gained popularity for its atmospheric storytelling and psychological horror elements. The game follows the story of a young girl named Ib, who visits an art gallery with her parents. However, as Ib explores the gallery, she becomes trapped in a surreal and nightmarish world. The player controls Ib and must navigate through various rooms and solve puzzles to progress through the game.

I think this is the game, I checked ITownGamePlay's channel and there was a 2012 video dedicated to Ib. I'm pretty sure this is the game you were thinking of earlier.
bqngar is offline                         Send a private message to bqngar