Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 09:18 PM   #1
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik
Thumbs down

As some of you are probably aware of by now, Sebatianos just paid us a visit today.

What he did was to edit some of his old posts, and to create new posts and topics that had little purpose other than rehashing old issues. He has repeatedly said that he has left the forum and the site, but he contiues to return only to continue this old issue.

By doing so, he is trolling.

One topic was so severe, that it was moved directly to the Admin and Moderator Forums, for reviewing and counselling by the rest of the crew of this forum. And, as a result of Seb's trolling, he has been placed on Posting Restrictions, until Kosta can get a chance to read over the matter.

Kosta is currently unavailable as he is driving around Europe, and I will personally meet with him in person on June the 7th, and will discuss the matter with him at that point.

Sebatianos (and Santa Clause) are both on Posting Restriction, but they are not banned. They can read topics just like the rest of us, but they can not reply. Same with the shoutbox - as he took the issue to that section as well.

He said he was planning on returning as an updater, but trolling over an old issue isn't exactly the way to go in order to regain a position.

Once Kosta gets time to act on the matter, he will - and his ruling will be permanent. This has been done by me as a temporary solution.
Old 04-06-2006, 09:25 PM   #2
moogle
Abandonia Homie

Good for you.
He was a niec guy but...yeesh.
moogle is offline                         Send a private message to moogle
Old 04-06-2006, 09:30 PM   #3
U-Boat Commander David
Abandonia nerd

I'm wondering if sebastianos gone nuts.

Really, such an old and "Good Behavin'" member acting so...it's a pain to see it... <_<

U-Boat Commander David is offline                         Send a private message to U-Boat Commander David
Old 04-06-2006, 09:44 PM   #4
Grinder
Funkpilz Inc.

There has to be something wrong. He's got to have a reason to come back here.
Grinder is offline                         Send a private message to Grinder
Old 04-06-2006, 09:53 PM   #5
Dino
Call me Edmund

My humble opinion is that this issue was already granted too much attention. All these discussions, accusations, conspiracy theories, side choosing... It all became really dull and tiresome, at least for me.

I don't want to pick any side and I say give it a rest. If Seb decided to leave, let him be. If he decided to come back, again, let him be.
Old 04-06-2006, 09:57 PM   #6
Grinder
Funkpilz Inc.

I'm with Overlord on this one. Except that it would be kind of a statement if you didn't do anything about Seb coming back, after all you did to rid the place of him. Which was a lot. Especially from your side, Tom. That is why I cannot blame you for standing firm. Regardless, this has already granted too much attention, as Overlord said it.
Old 04-06-2006, 10:02 PM   #7
taikara
Abandonia Homie

I think it's hard to "let him be" when the only reason he comes back is to draw more attention to those old, tiresome issues.

I mean, if he just wanted to chat on the forums, fine, but why bring up something that's been dead a month or so now? It's just instigation

Otherwise, I agree with OvErLoRd...

taikara is offline                         Send a private message to taikara
Old 04-06-2006, 10:05 PM   #8
Grinder
Funkpilz Inc.

Listen, I'm not saying anything against Tom reacting like that. I'm against Tom reacting like that in public. I have said this often enough and will not repeat it. period.
Old 04-06-2006, 10:17 PM   #9
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

i don't think it's trolling o_O. ok, he said he's going away. but maybe he just came back to see how is the site and forum going and you are giving him posting restrictions? =/
Old 04-06-2006, 10:19 PM   #10
Sebatianos 2nd

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tom Henrik @ Jun 4 2006, 10:18 PM) [snapback]234314[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
What he did was to edit some of his old posts, and to create new posts and topics that had little purpose other than rehashing old issues.

He has repeatedly said that he has left the forum and the site, but he contiues to return only to continue this old issue.

By doing so, he is trolling.

One topic was so severe, that it was moved directly to the Admin and Moderator Forums, for reviewing and counselling by the rest of the crew of this forum. And, as a result of Seb's trolling, he has been placed on Posting Restrictions, until Kosta can get a chance to read over the matter.

Kosta is currently unavailable as he is driving around Europe, and I will personally meet with him in person on June the 7th, and will discuss the matter with him at that point.

Sebatianos (and Santa Clause) are both on Posting Restriction, but they are not banned. They can read topics just like the rest of us, but they can not reply. Same with the shoutbox - as he took the issue to that section as well.

He said he was planning on returning as an updater, but trolling over an old issue isn't exactly the way to go in order to regain a position.

Once Kosta gets time to act on the matter, he will - and his ruling will be permanent. This has been done by me as a temporary solution.
[/b]
OK Tom - and Tai for that matter...

1) Trolling? As I said, I was considering returning as an updater. There are still people here that I consider friends, I was talking to them and I even got some games to review - some are even in the CR folder already. And I was asked by those people if I'd consider returning as an updater, so I decided to return to the forum and see what's happening.

2) I edited one post - after I saw what happened to my ferwell thread. There was no flaming, no spaming, no anything involved there, yet you decided to lock it - so it would sink faster. You may deny it, but hey - that's you all over (both of you actually).

3) For the rest of you, who have either forgoten what happened, never knew, have pushed it away (after all, life does go on) this may be resurecting old news... But I left because of these things and if I'm to consider my return I wish to know where I would stand. I would not return to see nothing has changed.

Judging by the looks of things - there's no way in hell I'm returning to this site.

4) Eagle - just STFU. Banning me, it's way beyond that. So I'll just say in open, what my last words were in the "moderator forum": GOOD RIDDENCE!

Closed Thread