Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 05-06-2006, 09:39 AM   #1
Romano
Ye Olde Anarchist

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(taikara @ Jun 5 2006, 12:02 AM) [snapback]234346[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I think it's hard to "let him be" when the only reason he comes back is to draw more attention to those old, tiresome issues.

[/b]
That is not true.
The main reason he comes back was because I asked him few days ago to write some reviews for new games and he did so. One of those games was updated yesterday.
Obviously Abandonia has to much reviewers and we can easily abandon him.
By the way all those games were from double CD with 2.784 DOS games (8GB) I bought from one dealer from Israel.
Now I must consider what to do with all those games.
Romano is offline                         Send a private message to Romano
Old 05-06-2006, 10:28 AM   #2
Abi79
Home Sweet Abandonia

Send a message via Yahoo to Abi79

Well you could upload them and Kosta would add them to the "games needing reviews and screenshots" list. Anyway, I'll get a new computer in the summer (with XP to test the games with DOSBox) and start reviewing what I'll find more interesting. Since the summer vacantion is nearly here, maybe more people will start reviewing because they'll get bored not doing anything. Don't forget, there are still people like guesst around the here...
Abi79 is offline                         Send a private message to Abi79
Old 05-06-2006, 03:22 PM   #3
guesst
Abandonia Homie

2,784 DOS games? Compliling the list of those would be daunting in and of itself? Are many of them ESA protected? How many could be added to Abandonia?
guesst is offline                         Send a private message to guesst
Old 05-06-2006, 03:55 PM   #4
Romano
Ye Olde Anarchist

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(guesst @ Jun 5 2006, 05:22 PM) [snapback]234474[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
How many could be added to Abandonia?
[/b]
I am expecting around 750 k:
Romano is offline                         Send a private message to Romano
Old 05-06-2006, 03:58 PM   #5
Abi79
Home Sweet Abandonia

Send a message via Yahoo to Abi79

That's very good. The others could also be stored in case we would receive the permission from ESA to add them.
Abi79 is offline                         Send a private message to Abi79
Old 05-06-2006, 08:58 PM   #6
Shrek
Abandonia Ogre

Well, I'm sorry if I'm going to cause any "thread revival", it really is not my intention... during all these "things" that happened and that lead to Anubis, Sebatianos and KonTiki leavings, I've never made a comment about it only because I consider it not of my business. However I must say it's a shame because they all were good members, they all worked a lot for this site and although I don't consider them my "best pals" - I don't think I have any best pals :bleh: - I feel some sympathy for them and I would welcome them back, if they decided to return. I'm only trying not to let their last actions spoil the good work they have done and they shouldn't be remembered only by their last flaming posts but also by that good work (period. I will not write anything more about this subject).

Now about these games, let them come , we are ready for them
Shrek is offline                         Send a private message to Shrek
Old 06-06-2006, 01:35 AM   #7
IHateSeph
Forum hobbit

That never happens regardless if you follow common sense. If the guy did good, just cause he is a jerk doesn't mean all of his great suddenly turns mediocre.

Not singling anyone out. However...

Point is, no matter what people think of Sebatianos, point is he was a good member, he contributed sporadically, and he was a likable guy, regardless of which, no matter what you may think of his attitude at this point, one thing you cannot change is the fact he contributed his fair share of work, and did a good job at it.

Theres really no reason to bring it up. Personally, even though I, myself have not been here long, and haven't contributed as much as he has, I don't see the fact why we can't move on with this issue.
IHateSeph is offline                         Send a private message to IHateSeph
Old 06-06-2006, 01:59 AM   #8
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Send a message via MSN to Playbahnosh

Quote:
I don't see the fact why we can't move on with this issue.
[/b]
agreed. I guess we should all let go of the past, get some coffee and concentrate on the tasks at hand k:

"Don't fight the bad things in life! Find the good one! They are everywhere! Don't spend your life fighting for goals you can never reach! Live for the moment!"

BEWARE: I'm using the forums as a personal blog!
Playbahnosh is offline                         Send a private message to Playbahnosh
Old 06-06-2006, 04:20 AM   #9
IHateSeph
Forum hobbit

As far as I can tell... This is sort of distracting us from the importance at hand. If Sebatianos wants to come back one of these days to contribute, so be it, he has every right to do so, as long as he does it on reasonable means.

If he refuses to comeback, or won't until some changes of his own opinion occur, thats fine too. Farbeit from me to say you should like these forums for what they are, that accomplishes nothing.

But what I will not stand for is this constant issue disturbing other members, who most likely have nothing to do, or have any blame with this particular problem. So lets keep this drama at an absolute minimum until it's resolved, meaning no accusations, and no flame wars.

But hey, I have authority, do as you will, but I strongly suggest on the contrary.
IHateSeph is offline                         Send a private message to IHateSeph