Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 20-09-2004, 06:45 PM   #41
Stobe

Hei, Wolhay i think there is a door in the west side of the building.

also in s20 or 10? There should be explosives use Fidel hes da best (after ivan).
Stobe is offline                         Send a private message to Stobe
Old 20-09-2004, 07:09 PM   #42
aaberg
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally posted by marko_river+Sep 20 2004, 02:19 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (marko_river @ Sep 20 2004, 02:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-aaberg@Sep 19 2004, 04:30 PM
I didn't get that option when Elio died. But he is also a native, maybe thats why.
Yap, Elio is a native so you don' give money when he dies. Actually you have to pay for body transport, not for the burrial stuff. So Elio stay's at his home. By the way, I don't like when Elio dies. Other are somewhat usefull for various stuff, and Elio is just a guide. Well, until the end, he was most important, because you always need someone to carry guns and ammo and keys
Please dont let him die!!!!! [/b][/quote]
If Elio die, you will get another native, that shoots much better than Elio. So I allways let Elio die.

Quote:
I'm having an embarassing problem now. I'm trying to capture the sector with Brenda's Lab but I can't get to the enemies within the lab since the metal doors are locked. I don't have any locksmith kits or explosives (except for grenades). I managed to lure the enemy to open the door and get out once when he shot Elio once and then wanted to finish him but I haven't been able to do that again. I've searched the most parts of my conquered sectors (29,30,39,40,49,50,59,60) without finding anything useful.
As far as I remember, there is a key in the other building in that sector. Try to seach everything (Under the bed, jackets on the wall or something like that). I don't think i had any problems getting in there. It's a good idea though, to have a merc with a lockpick and a god mechanical skill, it won't be the first door, that gives you problems. B)
aaberg is offline                         Send a private message to aaberg
Old 21-09-2004, 12:29 PM   #43
marko_river

Quote:
Originally posted by aaberg@Sep 20 2004, 07:09 PM

As far as I remember, there is a key in the other building in that sector. Try to seach everything (Under the bed, jackets on the wall or something like that). I don't think i had any problems getting in there. It's a good idea though, to have a merc with a lockpick and a god mechanical skill, it won't be the first door, that gives you problems. B)
Brenda's lab is really not a problem. There is a small island with a little house, search everything. Even that metal jars or whatever outside, beside the door. You'll find the key. I rhink it is for west door. Still, you can take your mercs to de west door, place them somewhat safe, but make sure they can see the door. Then have someone to try to open the door. It is locked but enemy will hear you. Maybe you can just shoot da door from safe place and wait for the enemy to come. If you interrupt the enemy that comes through the door, and even kill him while he stands in the doorway, door will remain open and you can throw the key
You will always need a lockpick. You'll find one in some hous sooner or later. Spack has mechanic 99 but he is a level 1. Well that will change if you throw him in battle, just a little since he is not the fighter. Well, he is OK for the begining. There will be a lot of locked doors, but there is a key for over 80% of them. Sometimes even at the nearby sectors. Well, point is: you should explore. That why I liked the game.

Old 21-09-2004, 12:35 PM   #44
marko_river

Quote:
Originally posted by aaberg@Sep 20 2004, 07:09 PM
[If Elio die, you will get another native, that shoots much better than Elio. So I allways let Elio die.
True, but that guy is a little slow. After him comes a mechanic who is slow and can't shoot. I think they don't improve a lot. I still think Elio is best since I use him for carriing items and merc do the killing. Also, YOU DON'T HAVE TO LET HIM DIE. Just fire him, you knoe, like a civilized way to get rid of somebody.
O yeah, when I want to fire somebody without loosing reputation, I took his items, let him drown or shot, and then simpley pay his transport.
You can fire Elio and other guides without loosing reputation. It's cool.

Old 21-09-2004, 01:06 PM   #45
aaberg
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally posted by marko_river+Sep 21 2004, 12:35 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (marko_river @ Sep 21 2004, 12:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-aaberg@Sep 20 2004, 07:09 PM
[If Elio die, you will get another native, that shoots much better than Elio. So I allways let Elio die.
True, but that guy is a little slow. After him comes a mechanic who is slow and can't shoot. I think they don't improve a lot. I still think Elio is best since I use him for carriing items and merc do the killing. Also, YOU DON'T HAVE TO LET HIM DIE. Just fire him, you knoe, like a civilized way to get rid of somebody.
O yeah, when I want to fire somebody without loosing reputation, I took his items, let him drown or shot, and then simpley pay his transport.
You can fire Elio and other guides without loosing reputation. It's cool.[/b][/quote]
First you tell me to fire the natives in a civilized way, then you tell me to drown my mercs, so the reputation won't drop!! In case you don't know, that ain't civilized, but I like the idea k:

The world of the mercs ain't civilized. Just kill the bastards!. :twisted:
aaberg is offline                         Send a private message to aaberg
Old 21-09-2004, 01:09 PM   #46
Wolhay

Thanks for the help. I found the key. I'm not sure that it opens any of the doors though, I tried both of them but at different game sessions. It worked out anyway however because I fought the enemy that was outside while I sent Elio to fetch the key. The ones inside must have spotted him because they went outside and used him for target practise. Elio is dead now but his sacrifice will not be forgotten.

The first times I played there was so many locksmith kits that I had to leave some behind but this time I haven't encountered a single locksmith kit as far as I can remember.
Wolhay is offline                         Send a private message to Wolhay
Old 21-09-2004, 05:13 PM   #47
marko_river

Quote:
Originally posted by Wolhay@Sep 21 2004, 01:09 PM
The first times I played there was so many locksmith kits that I had to leave some behind but this time I haven't encountered a single locksmith kit as far as I can remember.
That's a little bit strange, 'cause items and enemy guards are always same on the same level. There are more enemy and items on "harder", so you probably start with another difficulty. If not, then I have no idea.
Why did you let Elio die, couldn't you save him just a little bit?

Old 21-09-2004, 05:16 PM   #48
marko_river

Quote:
Originally posted by aaberg@Sep 21 2004, 01:06 PM
First you tell me to fire the natives in a civilized way, then you tell me to drown my mercs, so the reputation won't drop!! In case you don't know, that ain't civilized, but I like the idea k:

The world of the mercs ain't civilized. Just kill the bastards!. :twisted:
Well, it is not simple to be civilized..... B)

Old 21-09-2004, 07:16 PM   #49
Wolhay

Elio didn't have much of a chance since he was unarmed in an open area with three enemies. After having been shot he didn't have a lot of action points to use but I did try to take somewhere safer. I think he died while there was some enemies left so the only way I let him down was that I prioritized my mercenaries.
Wolhay is offline                         Send a private message to Wolhay
Old 22-09-2004, 01:23 PM   #50
marko_river

All right now, I had a little time to download the game and try it again.
Hold right mouse button and then move mouse down (or south, or towards you) and you'll get sector map. Right button only is for look, left then right at the same time will make everyone in your team to come at pointed place. Right combination for crouch is : place pointer on selcted merc, right click (pointer is like box and will go red) and then just left click.
If you don't know how to eneter "gear", go to sleep and when map of island appears click on the button under the number of your mercs in the left-lower corner. Button says how much many your mercs cost for the day, and when you press it, map will go up and you'll have pictures of your mercs with their skills. Click on their pics for gear where you can leave items or take other ones that you left there before. You don't want to leave items like various kits, bombs or jammed weapons scattered on the island, but leave them in your mercs pockets and when you enter the gear tommorow you'll be able to keep them on safe. When you see pics and skills of the mercs you can tell them wath to do during the day. Above every pic you'll see button that says "In action". Press it and you'll have some options:
REST - merc just rest, he will recover some health if he was injured and he'll cost you only half of his salary
TRAIN - you'll get another many where you can select what skills should your merc improve and know that if merc has high mark in that skill that he'll to need more days to improve
DOCTOR - works if you put medical kit in hand of that merc, he will spend the day healing his patients
PATIENT - puts merc in your doctor's hands
REPAIR - works if you put tool kit in merc hand and also put items you want to repair in his pockets (you can fix bombs and guns but don't wait till it's jammed, click right button on weapon to get info and on the upper-right there will be a % of how it works)
FIRE - for firing the merc, naturally (if you really want to do that, it would be wise to store his items first)

In hardier purifier is not on left obviously. If someone knows what is rock for (expect for throwing that is) please tell me.

Wolhay, man, you know I lav Elio, but I forgive you man....