Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

View Poll Results: Which of these stories would you like to see as a classic point and click adventure?
Star Wars 20 28.57%
Lord of the Rings 13 18.57%
Harry Potter 7 10.00%
Chronicles of Narnia 3 4.29%
Dark Tower (Stephen King) 16 22.86%
I will let you know in my post! 3 4.29%
Classic Horror Movies (Dracula/Werewolf/Frankenstein) 8 11.43%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-03-2012, 01:22 PM   #11
mjdvgamerking

Among these surely Star Wars
mjdvgamerking is offline                         Send a private message to mjdvgamerking
Old 05-03-2012, 07:04 PM   #12
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Stephen Kings Dark Tower setting would fit very good in a point and klick adventure, I think. I'd love to play one.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 05-03-2012, 07:08 PM   #13
Tracker
Home Sweet Abandonia

Star Wars.

But the choice wasn't that easy - I'd like to see all the listed as P&C games. The Cliver Barker/Horror option was a nice addition. But we have a lot of horror games, like Alone in the Dark 1&2, Dark Mirror, Dark Seed 1&2 and so on.
Anyway, there have been some Narnia arcade games lately in the Harry Potter videogames vein, but they are cheap products to be bundled along with the movies. Nothing important to speak of. But the novels have the potential. And Lord of the Rings? There has been a game called The Hobbit in the 8-bit era that was popular, it could have had a remake.
Harry Potter is such a case, it had several games but only because of the movies. "Fantasy" has a lot of potential, especially this story, it had a lot of puzzles in the novels by default, there could have been many spin-offs and such. And the Dark Tower? Well, I could only read a few pages from them in a bookstore, since I didn't have cash to buy them, but the story totally caught my attention - wild western post-apocalyptic fantasy, what else is there to say?!

Reverend Preacherbot: Wretched sinner unit! The path to Robot Heaven lies here, in the Good Book 3.0.
Bender: Hey. Do I preach at you when you're lying stoned in the gutter? No!
Tracker is offline                         Send a private message to Tracker
Old 06-03-2012, 12:56 PM   #14
Dave
Mandolin & Spaghetti Soldier

I would say Harry Potter, maybe because I'm imagining it similar to Simon the Sorcerer.
The London setting mixed with magic places like Hogwarts castle suit perfectly a puzzle/point & click adventure where you have to explore rooms, find secrets, prepare recipies and so on.

Star Wars would be interesting but it's more a setting for action games IMHO.
Old 07-03-2012, 06:04 PM   #15
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Main problem for me with all worlds above is too hero-oriented world. You know everything about Middle Earth, Harry Potter or Dracula. So it will be either recreation of novel with artificially placed puzzles, or "fanfic" that I never fond of.

Well, obviously, two worlds are not so inclined to familiar heroes - Star Wars and Dark Tower. First is very detailed, so you can make any plot in it, and second have holes - well, whole canyons! - about everything, including main plot, and is multiverse actually that makes it even more open. I voted for Dark Tower, as I seen many adventures in SW world, but nothing for King.
Smiling Spectre is offline                         Send a private message to Smiling Spectre
Old 05-08-2012, 11:58 AM   #16
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Dark Tower (Stephen King)