Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Search Forums:
Click here to use Advanced Search

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2008, 08:15 PM   #41
Pellaeon
Abandonia nerd
 
Pellaeon's Avatar

 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Hodmezovasarhely, Hungary
Posts: 76
Default

Salute!

I remember this game. I was flying a lot with this game, and I still remember that this game led me to the world of Red Baron 3D Multiplayer. I would say that both of these games are good, none is better than the other one. However, there is an expansion of this 256-coloured Red Baron game, which had more crafts (If I remember well, the Nieuport 11, Halberstadt D.II, Fokker D.VIII and the others), and had a mission builder, that's why it was called Red Baron Mission Builder Expansion.

Someone wrote: "I remember a Red Baron which was capable to a multiplayer game where fifty planes flew simultaneously." - That is the Red Baron 3D, and if there's an event like War Forces or Red Baron World League, there are as many planes fighting, even today. Unfortunately, there are not too much people on the servers today.

However, I must say that this game is one of the best DOS flight sims. There are others that I like, for example the F-29 Retaliator (which I like to upload), but this is my personal favourite. So I don't have to tell people that I rate this: five.
Pellaeon is offline                         Send a private message to Pellaeon
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 09:33 PM   #42
powdernsky
Newbie

 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Aichi, Japan
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellaeon View Post
Salute!

I remember this game. I was flying a lot with this game, and I still remember that this game led me to the world of Red Baron 3D Multiplayer. I would say that both of these games are good, none is better than the other one. However, there is an expansion of this 256-coloured Red Baron game, which had more crafts (If I remember well, the Nieuport 11, Halberstadt D.II, Fokker D.VIII and the others), and had a mission builder, that's why it was called Red Baron Mission Builder Expansion.

Someone wrote: "I remember a Red Baron which was capable to a multiplayer game where fifty planes flew simultaneously." - That is the Red Baron 3D, and if there's an event like War Forces or Red Baron World League, there are as many planes fighting, even today. Unfortunately, there are not too much people on the servers today.

However, I must say that this game is one of the best DOS flight sims. There are others that I like, for example the F-29 Retaliator (which I like to upload), but this is my personal favourite. So I don't have to tell people that I rate this: five.

You are like a 'King of Flight Sims'. :laugh:

I am just about ready to play and will comment on it later. Admittedly, I'm terrible at these kinds of games and I'd like to play something fun and simple, so I'll start here. ._.;

Last edited by powdernsky; 09-08-2008 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Corrected Recommendation > >
powdernsky is offline                         Send a private message to powdernsky
Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2009, 07:05 PM   #43
Tricolor
Lurker

 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Amadora, Portugal
Posts: 1
Default

Simply the best flight sim ever!!
Tricolor is offline                         Send a private message to Tricolor
Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 01:15 PM   #44
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age
 
TotalAnarchy's Avatar



 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chisinau, Moldova, Republic of
Posts: 3,147
Default

From now on sold on gog.com

For those who have doubts on the freeware status here's an excerpt from the readme of the copy which was distributed for free in the past:

Quote:
This software is copyrighted. This software and documentation is licensed to you by Sierra On-Line. You may copy it onto a computer for your own personal use and you may make back up copies of the software to protect your software against loss. This software may be used by more than one person, and may be freely moved from one computer location to another provided that there is no possibility of the software being used at one location or on one computer while it is being used at another. The software can not legally be used by two different people in different places at the same time. You may not modify, network, rent, lease, loan, distribute the software or create derivative works based upon the software in whole or in part, and you may not electronically transmit the software from one computer to another or over a network.
TotalAnarchy is offline                         Send a private message to TotalAnarchy
Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2012, 10:51 PM   #45
CSDanger
Newbie

 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hohenschonhausen, Germany
Posts: 18
Default

Can please somebody be so nice and even add the Somme Front map? It is not included in the zip file. This would be so great because when you start playing a campaign as an allied pilot you ALWAYS start in the Somme region. Its a little stupid don't know where to fly to and where is your aerodrome.
CSDanger is offline                         Send a private message to CSDanger
Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2018, 10:55 PM   #46
dos5.0
Lurker

 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 1
Default

Hi guys...is there a download button for dos version that im not seeing? only the maps and manual have download buttons...
dos5.0 is offline                         Send a private message to dos5.0
Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2018, 07:40 PM   #47
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10
 
Smiling Spectre's Avatar




 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cherkessk, Russian Federation
Posts: 1,750
Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre
Default

It's marked "Sold" that means "You can buy it - so do it from copyright holder".
__________________
Smiling Spectre is offline                         Send a private message to Smiling Spectre
Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2018, 02:44 PM   #48
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man
 
Mystvan's Avatar

 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sao Paulo, Brazil
Posts: 824
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by dos5.0 View Post
Hi guys...is there a download button for dos version that im not seeing? only the maps and manual have download buttons...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre View Post
It's marked "Sold" that means "You can buy it - so do it from copyright holder".
It is as Grandmaster Spectreman said, the game is not available for download since the link shows where you can get or buy it.

By the way, the icons below are clear and intuitive...

- You are free to download it.

- You have to buy it.

- You cannot download it since it is protected.
__________________
My New Signature

Last edited by Mystvan; 21-08-2018 at 01:20 PM.
Mystvan is offline                         Send a private message to Mystvan
Reply With Quote
Reply


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Red Baron (256-color VGA version) Miles On site 8 31-07-2008 01:59 PM
Red Baron II/3D LCJr Freeware Games 15 08-06-2008 09:15 AM
Odd Red Baron Problem Javaguy Troubleshooting 3 19-07-2007 02:13 PM
Red Baron II Ajax Gaming Zone 0 22-02-2005 04:37 AM
Red Baron Kestral Gaming Zone 0 28-12-2004 12:03 PM

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump
 


The current time is 07:36 AM (GMT)

 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.