Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 22-05-2005, 09:53 PM   #1
Unhappy player

Greetings abandonia-people. My problem is that the controls in two DOS games (One Must Fall 2097 and Sango Fighter) do not work correctly. When I use the arrows to navigate menus, it's also like I hit "Enter" at the same time. I hit "down" to go to "Tournament Play" and it selects the currently selected item on the menu.

In game play, I try to move backward, but the character kicks or punches instead. I have checked the current controls being used in the game (through much difficulty, I assure you), and I find nothing that could constitute this problem.

This same problem occurs, as stated, in two different DOS based games. I think it must be software incompatability issues. If anyone has a solution, I would be very thankful to hear it.

Please e-mail the answer or any suggestions to my email address, someEmail@gmail.com, instead of posting it on this forum.

Thanks again.

Email adress removed per the "Send me game X to my email adress" for unregistered members rule. If you want followups then come back on this forum, that's why it's here. k: -Eagle of Fire

Old 23-05-2005, 08:43 AM   #2
Data
retired

Quote:
Originally posted by Unhappy player@May 22 2005, 09:53 PM
Please e-mail the answer or any suggestions to my email address, someEmail@gmail.com, instead of posting it on this forum.
no.

Removed email in quote for obvious reason. :whistle: -Eagle of Fire
Old 23-05-2005, 08:50 AM   #3
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Did you try running the game(s) in DOSBox?
Old 23-05-2005, 03:25 PM   #4
Omuletzu
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via MSN to Omuletzu Send a message via Yahoo to Omuletzu

I remember when i installed Dos 7.10 it said something about regional settings that go with my keyboard.Maybe you messed with those settings.Anyway since i'm not very sure, i suggest you reinstall dos, and get it over with.
Omuletzu is offline                         Send a private message to Omuletzu
Old 23-05-2005, 04:01 PM   #5
samtam90
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally posted by Unhappy player@May 22 2005, 08:53 PM
Greetings abandonia-people. My problem is that the controls in two DOS games (One Must Fall 2097 and Sango Fighter) do not work correctly. When I use the arrows to navigate menus, it's also like I hit "Enter" at the same time. I hit "down" to go to "Tournament Play" and it selects the currently selected item on the menu.

In game play, I try to move backward, but the character kicks or punches instead. I have checked the current controls being used in the game (through much difficulty, I assure you), and I find nothing that could constitute this problem.

This same problem occurs, as stated, in two different DOS based games. I think it must be software incompatability issues. If anyone has a solution, I would be very thankful to hear it.

Thanks again.

Email adress removed per the "Send me game X to my email adress" for unregistered members rule. If you want followups then come back on this forum, that's why it's here. k: -Eagle of Fire
Maybe it's a stupid question... Have you setted correctly the controls in the games? Do the controls don't work only with these two games or with other games too?
samtam90 is offline                         Send a private message to samtam90