Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Tech Corner > Programming
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30-08-2006, 07:28 PM   #1
GrimFang4
Forum hobbit

Send a message via ICQ to GrimFang4

Hey, just think of a game that you felt you could have made better in some way. Tell us the game, system, problem, fix, and reason.

Here's a big one...

"Gladius" (XBox + GameCube) and many other games has something I have come to hate:
Random level-up stats

This is a terrible problem because I all too often end up with a level 20+ character that is useless against even characters half her level. For Gladius especially, a really low initiative will make you take one turn for every three turns each enemy chracter gets. That's what happened to my poor, sweet Murmillo.

Don't do this in your games! One possible fix is to have each class of character have a set maximum for stats and then make sure that when leveling up, the character either follows a growth path or tends to gain more of a stat that is lagging behind in the average.