Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Your Reviews
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 06-09-2008, 04:03 AM   #1
Fubb
GreatCanadianMan

Default 6 Days a Sacrifice

(My first attempt at a review, so don't expect anything major..actually, it would be best if you didn't expect anything at all)

<WARNING, GAME CONTAINS (Apparently) EXTREMELY VIOLENT MATERIAL, AND IS NOT INTENDED FOR THOSE UNDER THE AGE OF 13(or was it 18?) VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED>

<FURTHER MORE, I HAVE A TENDANCY TO FORGET NAMES, SO SOME NAMES MAY BE er.... DIFFERENT, THEN THEY ACTUALLY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE>

6 Days a Sacrifice is made by a man, known only as Yahtzee. Yes, He has a real name, i think it's Ben, but I'd rather not get int othat. Rather funny guy actually, he has these videos on a website called 'The Escapist'.

6DAS Is the sequel to Trilby's notes which is the sequal to 7 Days a skeptic which is the sequel to 5 days a Stranger. In short, it's the finisher to this wonderful book-quality series that can be beaten in one day via help from one of millions of walkthroughs. It is made using a free game engine called "Adventure Game Studio" Which is meant to let users replicate the Lucas Arts and Sierra Point n' Click adventure games of old, using similare interface/graphics etc. So really, it lets you make games like you see on Abandonia..

Finnally, onto the real review. In 6DAS, you play the role of Theo DeCabe, An inspector of sorts, sent to inspect a building belonging to some cult thingie called Omniosity or something. After 'Falling' Down an elevator shaft, you wake up and find yourself on a bed, some doctor looking over you, and a man by the door guarding it. This is the start of a 'nightmare' thats waited 200 years to unfold. "200 years?" Yes, 200. I forgot to mention, this takes place in the future, ish. Not that you really see any futuristic technoligies. Your in a building the entire time. Anyways, so your on the bed, pretty much crippled and bandaged, and you gotta get outta, so on so forth, then some big guy comes in the room and squashes the guards face inwards.

Ironically enough, after you somehow find a way out of the bed, you find yourself in a (Linear) fight for survival, as you try to unlock the mystery of how the guard that guarded you while you became crippled keeps coming back to life (Multipule times might I add) and also why your down here in the first place. Some monk-looking person always locks you in your room at night and doesn't let you leave, beacause the hallways of the facility you are in arn't safe at night.

You are stuck here wit 2 other people, a girl named Samantha, and a girl named Janine, who are both trying to escape, but soon get picked off (one of them by you!) and your left alone to solve the mystery of this facility, which was actually built over the DeFoe manor, the exact same place featured in 5 Days a Stranger. Yep, thats why your in this mess, you need to end everything once and for all.....

....though 200 years later (7 days a Skeptic) John DeFunk is roaming around a space ship killing people..........

Positives about the game;
Great story, though not as great as previous 3 games
Nice, easy to use interface
Pixel-Perfect clicking (Even the smallest objects in the game are easy to use)

Negatives about the game;
Short
Small game world
Not as Violent as i had originally thought it to be, but still violent none-the-less
Little to no music or sound

Overall score

Graphics-7 (nice pixel graphics of old )
Gameplay- 7 (Good but short)
Sound-6 (good sound and music, but it's just not there most parts)

OVERALL(No this isn't averaged): 7 out of 10. Good, but in my opinion, not as good as previous titles...
Fubb is offline                         Send a private message to Fubb
Old 06-09-2008, 05:41 AM   #2
zafo999
I get HYPE

Send a message via AIM to zafo999

Good review! I'd like to see more reviews of homebrew adventure games. There's plenty to pick from, and I'm too lazy to pick out the gems myself!
zafo999 is offline                         Send a private message to zafo999
Old 06-09-2008, 06:42 AM   #3
Frodo
One ring to rule them all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zafo999 View Post
Good review! I'd like to see more reviews of homebrew adventure games. There's plenty to pick from, and I'm too lazy to pick out the gems myself!
You can find plenty of reviews and adventure games on Reloaded.
http://www.reloaded.org/Adventure-Games/

Frodo is offline                         Send a private message to Frodo
Old 06-09-2008, 02:39 PM   #4
Fubb
GreatCanadianMan

All of yahtzee's games can be found here at:

www.fullyramblomatic.com

Go to the 'Games' Tab.

More home brew adventure games can be found here:

www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk
Old 16-01-2009, 10:27 AM   #5
Hatsen
First class foxhole digger!

Send a message via MSN to Hatsen Send a message via Skype™ to Hatsen

I really love his games, specially because it scared me even when it was 2D.
Hatsen is offline                         Send a private message to Hatsen
Old 16-01-2009, 10:02 PM   #6
Fubb
GreatCanadianMan

Me too

DUN duuuunnnn dudududududun SPLOOSH duuunnnnn

We ate the horse.
Old 20-01-2009, 01:33 AM   #7
Japo
Autonomous human

Good review, and I like the personal (or Canadian) style. Although I think you got a bit too far into the plot for the review of a suspense adventure... :P

The game is quite good, but for me it was somewhat of a letdown after the previous instalments... But we already had a lengthy discussion at AReloaded. :P
Old 12-04-2009, 01:56 PM   #8
Acethor
HECU Marine

Man I love this series... when I first played 5DAS I thought that was creepy... then I played 7DAS and thought that was even creepier... AND THEN! I played Trilby's Notes and god is it a million times more horrifying than any of the other games in the series. Trilby's Notes is definitely my favorite one of all of them as it also reveals alot of the backstory behind 5DAS.

I remember I was playing this game around midnight with no-one around and everything deathly calm. So, I'm walking around this creepy hotel with all the bloodstains and devilish signs on the walls when suddenly I see this body all hacked up at the bottom of the stairs and it's some poor dude who got trapped in the hotel for awhile and finally got himself chopped to bits by this evil Prince character... anyhow. It was at that time that I saved the game, leaving it to be played in the morning .. It's really a great game though with an EXCELLENt and i mean really excellent, storyline behind it.

We need help!! Click the link above if you're interested!
Acethor is offline                         Send a private message to Acethor
Old 01-06-2009, 01:00 PM   #9
Kvnt

Oh yes, I so love those series! 5DAS was really creepy with really good music, but.. Oh wait. Acethor already said that. Well um. Exactly what he said then ._.

Not too bad review for a newb =)!
Kvnt is offline                         Send a private message to Kvnt
Old 05-06-2009, 02:20 AM   #10
Wolf Thug
Super Freak

This game creeps me out , who said you need great graphics to make scary games.
Wolf Thug is offline                         Send a private message to Wolf Thug