Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 28-08-2004, 02:07 AM   #21
revgb
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via ICQ to revgb

http://sc2.sourceforge.net/downloads.html
download that version, its made but the guys who orignally made the series, they are giving it away for free now and putting alot of work into it

its works fine in win 2k (i use win 2k as well) and even comes in a window format if u like

but the lander cheat doesnt work for this version ;p
revgb is offline                         Send a private message to revgb
Old 01-09-2004, 05:57 PM   #22
Seabass

Hey there! Just started playing this game and I was wondring how do i use that Umgah Caster thingy (or what ever its name is). And also where are those Rainbow stars that the Mlhems are talking about?!?
and last thing do u get to bulid things other then Space crafts in this game? I mean can u bulid mines and stuff or are u domed collecting those minerals? cause boy that is a really really boring job. And it's not very rewarding (I'm always short out of money). plus the time it take to get from place to place in hyper space i mean i use auto pilot but still i find myself sometimes just staring for couple of minutes at that red screen...
Well as u see im kinda lost with this one and would like any help u can offer. :blink:
Seabass is offline                         Send a private message to Seabass
Old 02-09-2004, 01:43 AM   #23
revgb
Abandonia nerd

lol well your doing a few things wrong if you just want to check a walkthru or look for some hints this page : http://www.classicgaming.com/starcontrol/ has probably all the info you need but ill answer what u asked in ur post anyways

the umgah caster is in the possession of the spathy basicly just allow your alliance with them to run its course (u are allies by now right?) and they will one day give it to u out of the blue there is also another caster in the game that does the exact same thing, im forget where if u wanna know look on that site i mentions for the burvux caster (or a name similar to that)

there are several rainbow worlds rather than list them here go to the site
when u give most of the locatoin to the melorme u should have alot left over, with that u can buy fuel from them and save urself some creds

no u cant build mines if u look on that site u can find a list somewhere of relly rich mineral systems mabye u should try that but yeah i always found mining a pain in the ass. if u sell one of your casters to the drugge they will fill your fuel tanks to maximum capacity no questions asked, so heres a way to stick it to them outfit your starcrusier with nothing but the advanced high capacity fuel cells ie get rid of ur guns and crew pod and anything else and just have fule tanks then sell a caster then got back to sol and sell all ur fule, that should be enuf money for quite some time

also hyperspace is not a good way to travel, look on that site for how to get the 'quasi space portal spawner' that will save u alot of time and money, its to long to explain how to do it and this poist is alredy a mile long

hope that helps
Old 03-09-2004, 12:38 PM   #24
Seabass

Thankis for the help m8' I actually got the thingy from the spathi and manged to do sevreal other things by myself (just after I posted my whine for help in this forums' figured what the heck lets smoke something and try cracking it by mself). I havent manged to get that thing that suppose to make hyperspace travel tons of fun though and also the fuel problem starts to really annoy me (seems like I spending TONS of RUs on fuel.... man I thought in the future it'll be different what about that solar power everything been talking about back in the 80's' they just a bounch of useless clowns i tell u. those scientes i mean) anyway thanks for the info.
Old 03-09-2004, 02:07 PM   #25
revgb
Abandonia nerd

heres a tip around the 17th-21st of each month a wierd blob appers in hyper space, its an area near the spathi area so ask them if anything wierd is happing and i think they say around about where it happens go there its the start of how to answer the fuel problem

fuel is a total bitch, the first thing i do in that game is start this 'quest' type thing.

i think the spathi will tell u about it anyways, u need to ask one of the random captains who are just flying around hyper space if memory serves
Old 04-09-2004, 08:18 PM   #26
Seabass

Okay finished the game, nice ending though pitty u have to marry that syren, i mean why buy the cow when u can just buy it's millk :twisted: Anyway thanks for the help, it's a good game i liked the humor in it/ did they ever make another one? (I think i played Sc3 as a child didnt I?)
Old 05-09-2004, 05:04 AM   #27
revgb
Abandonia nerd

i dont remember marrying the siren, yes there is a number 3 but most hardcore star control fans hated it the guys that made the first 2 had no say whatso ever in how the 3rd was made and alot ppl thought it was a crap game

ur not marryed to siern in number 3 thats for sure, shes not even in it
Old 05-09-2004, 11:57 AM   #28
Seabass

Well u sure as hell marry her in number 2. in the it turns out that its all a story u tell to ur grandchildren and they ask about grandma (which is that blue chic). but hey maybe there are couple of endings because I slept with the syren which is optienal i guess B)
Old 05-09-2004, 11:58 AM   #29
Kosta
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Yes, that is true. There are a couple of different endings in SC2, depending on how you played the game.

Kosta is offline                         Send a private message to Kosta
Old 06-09-2004, 06:10 AM   #30
revgb
Abandonia nerd

yeah i slept with the siren as well, i guess i just dont remember the ending all that well