Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 06-07-2007, 07:41 AM   #51
GelleKlara

The path in DOSBox is C:\BIOFORGE not C:\BIOFORGE\SCRIPT.

It's mounted as C:\BIOFORGE but doesn't work at all unless I also mount C:\BIOFORGE\X as the CD-Rom drive, so I have C:\BIOFORGE mounted as the C drive and C:\BIOFORGE\X mounted as the CD-Rom drive H (that's my CD-Rom drive and it's the drive letter it was looking for before I mounted the CD-Rom drive).

Should I change the mounting to C:\BIOFORGE\SCRIPT? If I do that it won't look in the right place for the other stuff, will it?

Old 06-07-2007, 04:32 PM   #52
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Now i'm totaly lost...
With Biofan's suggestion i tried out to run the game with tiny installation and without making directory X as CD drive (i made BAT file with SUBST S: X command)

It worked fine for me if Dosbox see yuor Bioforge directory as C:\Bioforge - I just runed Bioforge.exe and everything was fine.

If you installed more than once than that might be the problem because the paths of the instalation will be saved in INSTALL.OPT
You might want to check that file (open it with Notepad or Wordpad)

If you want to try to install it once again, do it from Dosbox with location you want to install it in already mounted as C:
Then Install.OPT will memorize that path of Bioforge directory is C:\Bioforge (although you may install it at for example D:\Games if that was mounted as C. After that make sure that Bioforge directory is C:\Bioforge in Dosbox as i already mentioned. It requires no CD check then, at least in my experience
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 06-07-2007, 08:27 PM   #53
bigmangafan

From "i don't want 2 hurt u!" 2 something like
"Ah....i dun give a *meep* anymore!"

Gonna play it again 2 appreciate the story this time.

Love abandonia! Woot! Muaks!

Old 07-07-2007, 09:56 PM   #54
Guest_GelleKlara_*

I've tried the tiny install using DOSBox and it installed fine (apparently). I have the mounting path set properly in DOSBox, but it still can't seem to find the Emessage.txt file even though it's clearly in the SCRIPTS folder. I don't know why! This is driving me insane.

Old 08-07-2007, 06:17 AM   #55
Jambobo

Has anyone been able to see the ending? I got to the very last part of the game but for some reason it's impossible to do the last thing in order to trigger the ending. (I don't want to be specific.) I'm using DOSBox 0.70

Old 08-07-2007, 06:23 AM   #56
Jambobo

Never mind. I was just doing it wrong!

Old 08-07-2007, 10:06 AM   #57
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest_GelleKlara_* @ Jul 7 2007, 11:56 PM) [snapback]298410[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I've tried the tiny install using DOSBox and it installed fine (apparently). I have the mounting path set properly in DOSBox, but it still can't seem to find the Emessage.txt file even though it's clearly in the SCRIPTS folder. I don't know why! This is driving me insane.
[/b]
you probably remounted the game in different virtual directory after the install. so try redownloading, installing again and running with the same mounted directory.

but its difficult to tell like this since you wrote us no info on commands, niether where is your game located or anything
Old 08-07-2007, 10:49 PM   #58
Fletch Lives

Hi there. I followed the installation steps posted by BIOFAN which have been easy to follow for the most part but I am running into problems. I am able to get through the installation without a problem using the "TINY" install. However, after the part where I am supposed to quit dosbox and move folders I start getting lost. You mention that I should move the X\ folder and the BIOFORGE.BAT file from the BIOTEMP folder, but I see no BIOFORGE.BAT anywhere. The only batch files I even see are README.BAT and RESTART.BAT. Am I missing something here?

I know the game will work just fine because if I go through the install and just decide to run the game before exiting dosbox, as you mentioned, I can play the game. Once I quit though, I can't get back to it. HELP!

Old 08-07-2007, 11:29 PM   #59
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

dont follow his instructions, the archive was re-made

for all those who have problems with emessage.txt, please use default patch for the game, its c:\bioforge
so no matter where you extract the game, make sure you will acces the directory via C:\bioforge in dosbox.

for example, if i had my game extracted in c:\games\bioforge, the mount command would be "mount c: c:\games"
or, if my game were located in d:\myoldies\bioforge, command would be "mount c: d:\myoldies"

then acces the directory with "cd bioforge", run install.exe, select proper music card and sound card (if you wont select proper sound card, the game will freeze on begining) and after you finish the install, type "bioforge.exe"
Old 09-07-2007, 12:22 AM   #60
rsdworker
Abandonia nerd

how i can fix the emessage txt = where the patch?
rsdworker is offline                         Send a private message to rsdworker