Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 24-09-2005, 10:36 AM   #171
Casey

I have a problem with this game and was wondering if anyone might have a clue as too what's causing it. I can get the game too load and everything, but I can't see text characters...Any clue?

Thanks,
Casey

Old 25-10-2005, 07:42 PM   #172
Rian428

Reminds me of cosmic fantacy for the Turbo grafix16

Old 05-11-2005, 12:06 PM   #173

hello, i have a problem

the game goes too fast

while searching, i found the mos´lo 4Biz, that can slowdown programs in windows xp, but i can´t get it to download.....

can you help me? thanks

Old 06-11-2005, 09:04 AM   #174
Rorschach
Forum hobbit

Better late than never, let me jump to the defense of what is, IMHO, the cornerstone of the shooters!

There were some pleople arguing that Doom II didn't hold its own against games like Quake, Dark Forces and Hexen, but those were all games made AFTER Doom II, so it's doubly unfair argument: a) you can't compare games from different (even if close) times without keeping in mind the advancing resources available to the later games; B) more importantly, those were all games which FOLLOWED Doom II's wake and the standard it created, which wouldn't have existed without it.

I'm not saying that Doom II (or even I) is the grandfather of all FPS (that title rightfully goes to Wolfenstein 3D), but it's definitely the game that set it as a distinct game genre; all others just expanded (with greater or lesser contributions) on the subject. If memory doesn't fail me, before the term "first person shooter" became common currency, I remember seeing games as Quake and Dark Forces described as "Doom-style games" and such.

My point is, it's like saying the Beatles sucked because they rock music was simplistic and bubble-gum if compared to the complex melodies of 70's progressive rock or 80's metal: The Beatles were not the creators of rock n' roll, but like them or not, rock as we know it, past and present, would not exist was it not for them, the later rock bands owe their existence to them! So it's a matter of giving credit where credit is due, and not just dissing earlier developments simply because they didn't pack as many resources as later ones which, I can't stress that enough, have grown out of the earlier ones!

PS: Won't someone PLEASE direct me to the Final Doom wads (TNT and Plutonia), like I was asking in my post on the previous page? :whistle:
Rorschach is offline                         Send a private message to Rorschach
Old 11-11-2005, 02:11 AM   #175
eeerik

I agree that Suikoden 2 is a gem that blows any FF game ever to be released out of the sky. FFVI although is one of my favourite games none the less.

Old 28-11-2005, 10:50 AM   #176
Yuna

I finally found the RPG-"thing", but when I want to open the FF-game, there aren't any files which can run with that program?

Old 06-12-2005, 04:14 PM   #177
werwolf

hey y'all! k, so either i'm amazingly blind or dumfoundingly stupid but i've searched the entire forum and read every post that could hold the answer i'm looking for.

i even found someone asking the same question (in this thread) w/o getting an answer, but i'll try again.

do any of you know how start FF:EN in a different resolution?
or at least in a window?

it starts fullscreen on my comp and i tried a couple of things but no matter what, i can't get it to run in a window.

can anyone help? cheers.
werwolf is offline                         Send a private message to werwolf
Old 06-12-2005, 07:09 PM   #178
ShadowBlade
Abandonia nerd

Alt-Enter? I've RM2K experience, and that has always worked.
ShadowBlade is offline                         Send a private message to ShadowBlade
Old 07-12-2005, 01:01 PM   #179
werwolf

Quote:
Originally posted by ShadowBlade@Dec 6 2005, 08:09 PM
Alt-Enter? I've RM2K experience, and that has always worked.
yes! wicked! thanks, man. :D
werwolf is offline                         Send a private message to werwolf
Old 11-12-2005, 03:55 PM   #180
rashaud

hey i have a prolblem with the game i download it then when i try to play it it says the file cannot be opened can somebody help me