Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 14-12-2010, 01:28 AM   #51
fsdfsdfsfd
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by keropi_666 View Post
THIS IS HOW TO GET SOUNDBLASTER WORKING WITH IUC

I found out how to get SB working. The game depends on the CT-VOICE.DRV for SB access (this .drv is part of the SoundBlaster DOS drivers)

It needs the SET SOUND enviroment to be set, so it knows where to look for an load the sb driver. It will always look on the \drv\ subdirectory location no matter what.

So how do you enable it: simple. Say you have your SB drivers in C:\SB16 directory. Make there a \DRV\ subdirectory and put there the CT-VOICE.DRV file. Now on the dos prompt type: SET SOUND=C:\SB16

the game will look for the sb16\drv\CT-VOICE.DRV file, load it and use SoundBlaster
Tnx, much apretiated.

Easyiest way just to put DRV directory in game directory, even had a version that already had that, but also had that bad crack.

Old 09-01-2011, 02:55 PM   #52
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

For anyone having troubles with the subway train there are a few solutions..well two.

1. Raise the cycles of Dosbox to a higher amount. Ctrl+F12 will help you there. Or try giving this a read "Dosbox Tutorial" and preset your Dosbox to a higher cycle.

2. Delete your archive, and redownload the updated version from here, make sure you run the crack.com (not iuccrack.com, but it can't hurt from what I have seen.) before you play the game. Remember step one, cycles up folks.

Any saves from a bugged train game will not work and I mean any. The train part isn't far into the game so you won't have to replay much and it's better then never playing the game at all.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 09-01-2011, 07:30 PM   #53
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthHelmet86 View Post
For anyone having troubles with the subway train there are a few solutions..well two.

1. Raise the cycles of Dosbox to a higher amount. Ctrl+F12 will help you there. Or try giving this a read "Dosbox Tutorial" and preset your Dosbox to a higher cycle.

2. Delete your archive, and redownload the updated version from here, make sure you run the crack.com (not iuccrack.com, but it can't hurt from what I have seen.) before you play the game. Remember step one, cycles up folks.

Any saves from a bugged train game will not work and I mean any. The train part isn't far into the game so you won't have to replay much and it's better then never playing the game at all.
After we talked Darth, i played the game some more. After I ended my session and exited the game, I tried to continue it only to find that I again couldn't enter the train. I found that really strange, because I had a clean archive with no corrupt saves and files. So I thought it might be a bug related to an item in the inventory or to some action I performed only occasionally.

Turns out it really is an issue with cycles. I have this habit of starting a game with the default 3000 cycles, and later based on the game's performance increase or decrease them. No wonder it didn't work for me most of the times and it worked for you all the time! Your default number of cycles is 10000, while mine is only 3000. The trick is that instead of regulating the cycles after starting the game (like I did most of the time), we should increase the cycles to at least 6000 before you run the game executable.

A simple answer as always...
Old 30-01-2011, 01:40 AM   #54
quantumcat

Does anyone know the trick to get past the palace guards on the planet Schmul?

I read the book (password akimba) but when I talk to the guards (point and click with the mouth) Jack T. Ladd says: 'hey guys, can I take a picture with you?' or something.
quantumcat is offline                         Send a private message to quantumcat
Old 23-09-2011, 12:56 PM   #55
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

There is a walkthrough on the game page, if you need help just browse it for the hints you need then don't read anymore.

Also I have the game working with the sound blaster now, got the driver and put it in the game folder and edited the bat to Set Sound=C:\IUC so it will load the files right. Would you guys mind if I update the game on the FTP and edit the review to tell people about it and to mount the game in the correct manner so it works?
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 09-03-2015, 03:01 PM   #56
durhamfrancis

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsdfsdfsfd View Post
Tnx, much apretiated.

Easyiest way just to put DRV directory in game directory, even had a version that already had that, but also had that bad crack.
See my guide here at this link, it's long but has all the necessary details. Every other suggestion I've found is partially correct but lacking some steps which they assume to be already known:
Code:
http://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=10364&p=408787#p408787
IUC Innocent Until Caught Sound Blaster soundblaster sb drivers and how to make them work with the game on Dosbox
durhamfrancis is offline                         Send a private message to durhamfrancis
Old 18-05-2018, 12:08 PM   #57
abio786868
Thumbs up IT WORKS

Hello to all !

i read all the post and :

- open crack.com
- open iucrack.com ( it gives me byte error )
- deletet /a+ from innocent.ini
- speed un cpu rate using ctrl+f12 till over 6000

And now i can go inside the train !

Tanks to all

Fabio from italy