Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 17-04-2005, 07:24 PM   #1
HELP!!!!!
Unhappy

I downloaded Moonstone, and when the game starts i can see the intro, but then! it says "please insert Disk A into the drive" what do i do? :crazy:

Old 17-04-2005, 10:22 PM   #2
Flop
Hero Gamer

This has already been answered in the moonstone topic. You didn't really specify what OS you use, and if you use DOSbox or VDMSound, but I'm gonna assume you didn't try DOSbox, since it should work just fine using that (it's the only way I managed to run the game). I hope this helps.
Flop is offline                         Send a private message to Flop
Old 17-04-2005, 10:34 PM   #3
Spookyfish
Game freak

Yeah, you have to use DosBox. I got the same message when I didn't run it that way as well. DosBox is downloadable from the site, and it's easy to learn. Happy killing !
Spookyfish is offline                         Send a private message to Spookyfish
Old 18-04-2005, 01:36 PM   #4
THE GUY WITH THIS TOPIC
Arrow

i downloaded the DOSbox. but when im trying to open the game it does'nt happen anything!? :eeeeeh:

Old 18-04-2005, 01:44 PM   #5
Spookyfish
Game freak

You need to mount the directory the game is in. To do this, let's say that Moonstone is located in "C:\Private\Games\Moonstone". When DosBox opens, you type "mount C C:\private\games\moonstone" and hit enter. It should say the directory is mounted. You then type "C:", followed by "Moonstone".

Does that work?
Spookyfish is offline                         Send a private message to Spookyfish
Old 18-04-2005, 04:03 PM   #6

nope, i mounted the entire D:\ and wrote: D:\SPILL\DOSSPE~1\MSTONE\MS.EXE (its exact location) and it just didnt happen anything, exept that it was cleared out of text and started with Z:\ agn :ranting:

Old 18-04-2005, 04:10 PM   #7
Spookyfish
Game freak

Wrong wrong wrong. You have to mount the directory with the game, not the entire disk. Try that.
Old 18-04-2005, 04:15 PM   #8

it works! but still, the sound is naggy as well as the entire game, and which button is fire!?

Old 18-04-2005, 04:28 PM   #9
Spookyfish
Game freak

The fire button is Enter. I don't know about the sound, it works fine with me. Happy to help k:.