Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 18-07-2009, 04:48 PM   #1
red_avatar
Administrator

Default Theme Park

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and download (if available)

red_avatar is offline                         Send a private message to red_avatar
Old 18-07-2009, 05:01 PM   #2
Napostriouf

It still rocks 15 years later! :thumbs:
Napostriouf is offline                         Send a private message to Napostriouf
Old 18-07-2009, 05:25 PM   #3
Saccade
[BANNED]

Default Theme Park ISO

I have the CD for this game somewhere - I will see if I can find it and land it in the Cellar or something; it's quite nice to have the CD cut-scenes.
Especially if this is the first time you have had a chance to play this game.

I remember the smell of the brand new jewel case, back when CD-ROM's came in a full-sized game box. There was something really quite pleasing about opening one of those boxes and seeing that it contained nothing but a nicely presented CD, inlaid into the back of the box.

They say the first bite is with the eye (of food, anyway. Probably not jewel-cases...) and if Bullfrog's Theme Park is a Ben & Jerry's Phish Food Ice-cream Sundae Deluxe - the little bits of marshmallow are the beautifully rendered cut-scenes of each of your rides.

A sweet piece of eye-candy.
Saccade is offline                         Send a private message to Saccade
Old 18-07-2009, 05:29 PM   #4
red_avatar
Administrator

Sacc: I already have it packaged but I'm hoping there will be a way to add it as an extra - it's really not very big.

red_avatar is offline                         Send a private message to red_avatar
Old 18-07-2009, 06:37 PM   #5
Saccade
[BANNED]

Yeah man, the cinematics aren't that big.
A compressed disc image would be under the maximum size, I reckon.

In the mean time, before it's sorted out, is there a way to get the cinematics - using FRAPS or something - onto the Abandonia Youtube channel?
Maybe just the rollercoaster or mine train as a teaser..?

Theme Park Debug Mode (ie. cheats)

Last edited by Saccade; 18-07-2009 at 06:56 PM.
Old 18-07-2009, 07:33 PM   #6
ThemePark

Oh man. Oh boy. Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!

This awesomest of awesome games has not been on this site before? Ah well, good that it's here now! Abandonia's quality just went up 1000%.

I do have it and most other versions on CD myself, so no need for me to download it. But still, how can I of all members NOT comment on this little gem?

red_avatar, I could just kiss you. Well, if I was of the fairer sex, of course.
ThemePark is offline                         Send a private message to ThemePark
Old 18-07-2009, 10:41 PM   #7
BranjoHello
Skilled WormMaster

Very nice addition to our rich treasure chest.

BranjoHello is offline                         Send a private message to BranjoHello
Old 19-07-2009, 12:05 AM   #8
owen83

Peter Molynoux who previously created populous and later black and whte and later the movies created this gem

screenshots

thes are very similer to rollercoaster tycoon which apeared 4 years later

gameplay

at first it can be baffeling to start but its easy to get into but it runs fast so moslo would be a good idea

rating 9/10
owen83 is offline                         Send a private message to owen83
Old 19-07-2009, 08:38 AM   #9
Saccade
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally Posted by owen83 View Post
Peter Molynoux who previously created populous and later black and whte and later the movies created this gem
I did work experience, at school when I was 14/15, at Bullfrog's main offices in Guildford back in 1994/5. I met Peter Molyneux then, along with a few of the other heads of department, before Bullfrog was totally absorbed by EA and became Lionhead and eventually Lame.

Not entirely clear, the memories from that long ago, but I think they had just released Magic Carpet or Syndicate Wars, as I was given copies of all the games that Bullfrog had produced up until that time as "wages" for work experience.
I didn't actually do any work... Just sat around with a bunch of techies and talked about Megadrive games and how much better PC's were for games - especially if you had a Joypad.

I don't think that Monsieur Molyneux was the chief designer for Black and White (I'm certain that he wasn't for B&W 2)... Pretty sure that he wasn't for The Movies, either.
But then, Molyneux has always been a name that's synonymous with Bullfrog / Lionhead, if not Microsoft. Yet.

A piece of trivia I can remember is that Populous, from 1989, may have been the first game to be self-published under the trading name Bullfrog, but Molyneux's first game (also self-published, in 1984 or something) was a business simulator, much like the text-based Drug Wars or AIV Network$, called The Entrepeneur. I don't think it did very well, as I've never found a copy.

One of my friends - a guy who got married to this really young, bulimic Chinese girl who seemed to have only gotten hitched for the UK residency (she was a mega-bitch and I'm pretty sure she was cheating on him. Not subtly either) - was one of the leads on Fable. He's got this gold DVD framed along with the box artwork.

We used to go climbing together at Craggy Island.
Rock Climbing, especially the urban indoor centres, is great for picking up chicks.
Everyone's got an excuse for checking out their belaying partner's tight buttocks, strapped into a harness, being squeezed in all the right places to make you not concentrate on feeding the rope and, instead, focus on how the muscles move under the spandex / lycra shorts.

Martin never really picked up on the women that tried to hit on him.
He may be an excellent programmer and be exceptionally good at his job - but, for a 30-something year old man, he's got the social skills of a 13 year old...

---

Incidentally, if Theme Park is unprotected now, does that mean that all the other Bullfrog games from this date and before can be unprotected now..?

Magic Carpet is also a 1994 game.

That'd be good.

Last edited by Saccade; 19-07-2009 at 11:54 AM. Reason: unprotection dates
Old 19-07-2009, 09:05 AM   #10
Cold
Forum hobbit

One of the most important pc videogame in history

The only fault is that this game was unstable in some dos system expecially if it was played with lowest memory, suddenly generating macroscopical "dos4gw error".

I will never understand how could it be that no videogame house generate other's version like this one. Theme park world was below the quality and it's unplayable on winxp. Sim theme park was a truly failure. Then, nothing else.

I will never understand how it is possible that the publishers of video games lose time to create the thousandth fps shooter and have no desire to develop the heirs of a so important game. It's a shame.
Cold is offline                         Send a private message to Cold