Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 28-05-2007, 02:23 AM   #61

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest_Dan_* @ May 15 2007, 02:06 PM) [snapback]290360[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ May 7 2007, 12:35 AM) [snapback]289459[/snapback]
Quote:
well once i got one of them out but after that i got nervous
i felt like i was pushing my luck
ok whitch is harder
Busting ghosts,Getting slime and testing it,busting out one of your fellow busters from parkview,or the statue of liberty?
i just want your opinion
[/b]
deff, Statue stage, i STILL cant figure it out. even with the map!
[/b][/quote]
hey have you ever tried busting one of the other busters when their in the nuthouse

Old 01-06-2007, 05:42 AM   #62
Max Braxton

Perhaps you guys can help me! I seem to be having similar trouble to the folks whose game freezes after the court room scene, only mine freezes right after teh picture of vigo in the beginning, right after he says "I am Vigo, the scourge of Carpathia." And then that's it. It freezes. I have never adjusted any of my settings in dos box (I'm running version .7, and I don't even know my settings ). I set up dos box just like the tutorial on abandonia says, and I really want to play this game!! I love ghostbusters! If you can help, please do!

Old 01-06-2007, 12:20 PM   #63
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

The cause of both problems is exactly identical: the unpatched version of the game will crash every time it tries to play digitized sound.

All you need to do to fix it is run GB2FIX.EXE and the problem will be gone once and for all.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 12-07-2007, 09:09 AM   #64
Hisyar

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Torsten @ Apr 4 2005, 12:49 PM) [snapback]90334[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Thanks for the manual.
Anyway, have someone ever won this game?
I even never hit ONE of the ghosts because they are much too fast for me.
Is there a trick to slow them down ?
Torsten
ps: sorry for my english, i hope you understand it
[/b]
go to configuration and use mouse its a lot faster than keyboard

Old 13-07-2007, 03:19 AM   #65
ThePhantom

Hey guys.
I recently 'downloaded' this game on a very powerfull Windows XP computer and I need your help. I extracted the files and clicked on the .exe. the logo pops up, then a picture of venky with thought bubble saying "I think a new disk is needed, maybe disk 2 will work". Is there anyway you can take this game off your hardrive and put it onto 5 floppy disks? And if I installed DosBox onto the powerfull XP comp, would the whole interface change and I would never get the windows screen back? If you could help, I would appreciate it, 'cause I too am a Ghostbusters fan. =)

Old 13-07-2007, 12:25 PM   #66
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

no, dosbox would be fine.. it is just program so it will go back to 'your o powerful pc' right after you close it
Old 13-07-2007, 12:30 PM   #67
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
And if I installed DosBox onto the powerfull XP comp, would the whole interface change and I would never get the windows screen back?[/b]
Of course not. What gave you such a ridiculous idea?

A Beginner's Guide to DOSBox should help you in setting up DOSBox to run on your machine. If you have any specific problems, feel free to ask.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 14-07-2007, 02:14 AM   #68

Ahh thanks guys.
I'll-a check out the DosBox guide.
And thanks for replying/helping.

Old 28-12-2007, 02:20 PM   #69
Cold
Forum hobbit

I don't think anyone has never beat that game. I tried almost thousand times to bring Liberty Statue to the museum and always Statue slows because of heavy traffic and ran out of time.

If anyone really does it, please post a pic of what is above this level, or simply please make me now how it was possible to bring statue to museum (hint, cheat, ect.) without going out of gas
Cold is offline                         Send a private message to Cold
Old 28-02-2008, 01:16 AM   #70
mjwaterma
Lurker

I got this game when it first came out (I'm 24 now). I have gotten to Vigo a few times when I played years ago. If I remember right, you first have to zap Vigo enough to get him back in the painting. After he is back in the painting you have to hit him some more, but this time the art gallery guy (I can't remember his name but he is the guy Vigo posses in the movie) is running around and if you hit him too many times you loose. When I did get to the museum it was more pure luck that I started on 45th St and didn't have to turn.

I have gotten guys out of Parkview, but it is a lot easier to dodge the guys who try to catch you when using a joystick or the keyboard. I also remember the ghosts being a lot slower, but I'm guessing this is because our computers are about 1000x faster then they were.
mjwaterma is offline                         Send a private message to mjwaterma