Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 13-11-2005, 09:35 PM   #1
Holy Paradise

I'm 14, I'm conservative, and I'm squeamish. Sounds like that guy at the movies who is shaking and constantly makes sounds of disgust, right?

Yes.

and no.

I was browsing around adventure games to find a horror game i could like: Some gore and blood, but not so much that's inappropriate for my age. A small amount of the scare factor, and no nudity or sex(I can't stress that enough).

So any suggestions?

Oh and it can't cost money and must working on XP.
Holy Paradise is offline                         Send a private message to Holy Paradise
Old 13-11-2005, 09:38 PM   #2
Holy Paradise

Oh, and also I would prefer it is sound compatible with XP, but its alright if it isn't.
Holy Paradise is offline                         Send a private message to Holy Paradise
Old 13-11-2005, 10:27 PM   #3
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Please don't double-post, Paradise, it's sort of annoying... Anyway, have you tried the obvious (i.e. 5 Days a Stranger and that sort of thing) yet?
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 13-11-2005, 10:31 PM   #4
Holy Paradise

I was looking at that one with interest, but then it said a lot of gore and blood.

Sure it may be that graphics nightmare(in which I mean the blood spilled is like 11 very blocky and bulky pixels.) but I have younger brothers, and I wouldn't want them to walk in on me playing that, especially my younger brother(He's already tried attacking me with a decorative ceramic Christmas tree. I had to tackle him with a blanket and put him in his room.)
Old 13-11-2005, 10:33 PM   #5
ReamusLQ
Home Sweet Abandonia

5 Days a Stranger and 7 Days a Skeptic are GREAT games

Waxworks was also pretty good, although it might be a little to much gore from the way you are describing yourself.

Veil of Darkness is also really cool. It gives me the willies everytime I play it :bleh:
ReamusLQ is offline                         Send a private message to ReamusLQ
Old 13-11-2005, 10:35 PM   #6
Holy Paradise

The thing is, if my brothers were like my age, I would have probably downloaded the games you have mentioned.
Old 13-11-2005, 10:37 PM   #7
moogle
Abandonia Homie

If you hadn't said the no money part....I woulda suggested Alone in the dark... :whistle:
moogle is offline                         Send a private message to moogle
Old 13-11-2005, 11:27 PM   #8
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

Try Zombie.

Also Test Drive for the ST or play it through DOSBox with too low cycles. You will be very afraid since you will not know when the next car will appear on the screen and you having like half a second to react. :-)

Seriously though, try Zombie and eh perhaps Ghouls 'n Ghosts?
efthimios is offline                         Send a private message to efthimios
Old 13-11-2005, 11:40 PM   #9
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

5 days a stranger and 7 days a skeptic also the freeware game Stranger by Night is also a good choice.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 14-11-2005, 12:49 AM   #10
ReamusLQ
Home Sweet Abandonia

Veil of Darkness would be my best choice, if you like those kind of games. Kind of an adventure/RPG...pretty difficult puzzles, decent graphics, and with out the a lot of the gore in 5 Days a Stranger and 7 Days a Skeptic. It mainly creeps you out because of the ambience established. Serious, check it out.
ReamusLQ is offline                         Send a private message to ReamusLQ