Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Request Games > Approved Requests
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 08-01-2011, 10:51 PM   #11
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Actually FTP is not really private. We give access to anyone willing to contribute in any way. That's why I said that I figured out that you still don't have FTP access simply because you didn't use it.

So, if yo can write a review, game will appear on our site sooner.

@TA: I wasn't aware of that topic. Then we can send the archive to the U.Sheep. As for the preinstalled version, we can probably fix something
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 17-01-2011, 04:01 PM   #12
UnconformistSheep
Forum hobbit

Hi guys,

Let's post the game then. ;-)

Here is a quick draft for the review:

Quote:
The departure of King Arthur marks the beginning of civil war as each Knight of the Round Table shamelessly claims the crown for himself. That's the prologue for this little strategy game: as one of the Knights, you must fight brutally and astutely in the conquest of England!

The game is a simple and short turn-based strategy game, making it ideal for the uninitiated in the genre, or anyone with a few minutes to kill. The interface is a bit medieval to use (maybe to match the theme of the game), but it's easy enough:

1. Start by recruiting soldiers (click the icon with the peasant being knighted): foot soldiers are best for defense, bowmen and catapults for attack, and knights are good at both arts but not as cost-effective.
2. Conquer as many neutral territories as possible, for the tax revenue. You can only conquer or move your campaign one tile per turn.
3. Keep your war campaign closer to your castle than those of your enemies: you lose if someone conquers your castle.
4. When you're done, click the shield icon twice: the other players will now have a chance to do their warring. Next turn, you'll have collected taxes, and will be able to expand your army.

You can leave soldiers behind to defend your territories (and recruit them back when you pass again through the territory with your campaign), but you have one warring campaign only. For more details, press F1 within the game.

In an Abandonia exclusive, we our proud to bring to you the Deluxe (commercial) version of the game. This version extends the shareware by adding:
* an extra difficulty level, or the possibility to reduce the number of computer players to make it easier
* hold joust tournaments where you can bet gold, honor and territory against other players
* you can summon Merlin's magic in an emergency, or raise emergency taxes
* build castles anywhere (improves natural defenses)
* choose any of the 5 knights to play
(I haven't tried the Deluxe version. When I do so, I will review my review.)

Rating: 3.5 (or 4?) in 5
It would be cool if you guys also made available the shareware version as a side-bar bonus, for the historical value. ;-)
UnconformistSheep is offline                         Send a private message to UnconformistSheep
Old 17-01-2011, 04:03 PM   #13
UnconformistSheep
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko river View Post
So, if yo can write a review, game will appear on our site sooner.
Funny, I was writing up that review while you posted your comment. ;-)

Anyhow, do provide me with the Deluxe archive, and I will test the thing and re-work the review as necessary during the week.
UnconformistSheep is offline                         Send a private message to UnconformistSheep
Old 20-01-2011, 06:05 PM   #14
UnconformistSheep
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnconformistSheep View Post
Funny, I was writing up that review while you posted your comment. ;-)
Actually, ignore that. I just noticed you had already posted a response quite a few days ago. It's just that I only noticed your post after posting mine, given your post was in another page.
Old 20-01-2011, 11:48 PM   #15
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Chill mate, try out the game and bring us back some nice review
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 22-01-2011, 10:44 PM   #16
UnconformistSheep
Forum hobbit

Hi marko. Okay, tell me how I can download the game, and I will refine the review and take some nice shots of the game. ;-)
Old 26-01-2011, 10:34 AM   #17
Lurker

Never mind

Last edited by AvatarOfLight; 26-01-2011 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Found game
AvatarOfLight is offline                         Send a private message to AvatarOfLight
Old 26-01-2011, 03:55 PM   #18
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnconformistSheep View Post
Hi marko. Okay, tell me how I can download the game, and I will refine the review and take some nice shots of the game. ;-)
I PMed you, please respond
Old 31-01-2011, 02:20 PM   #19
Expack2
Game Request Hunter

I double-checked the status of this game, and it does meet Abandonia's Definition of Abandonware, so...

King Arthur's Knights of the Round Table - [APPROVED]

Proud Beta Tester for Desura Since October 28, 2010
Expack2 is offline                         Send a private message to Expack2
Old 01-02-2011, 11:09 AM   #20
UnconformistSheep
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expack2 View Post
I double-checked the status of this game, and it does meet Abandonia's Definition of Abandonware, so...
Very cool! As I told marko, I'm having exams till next Tuesday, so please allow me a week to play the Deluxe version more thoroughly and refine my review.