Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 11-05-2006, 07:19 PM   #21
Fruit Pie Jones
Now 50% Descriptivist!

With eight whole minutes of flight time on a full tank, you'd better be really sure of where you are. And be careful with that fuel!
Old 11-05-2006, 07:39 PM   #22
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Quote:
Originally posted by Fruit Pie Jones@May 11 2006, 07:19 PM
With eight whole minutes of flight time on a full tank, you'd better be really sure of where you are. And be careful with that fuel!
No lie :[img]http://www.abandonia.com/forum/html/emoticons/laugh.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='laugh.gif' />

Why did they stop making cool aircrafts? It's a silly aircraft, yes. But cool!
Old 11-05-2006, 11:38 PM   #23
ShadowXIX
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Nah, there are too many problems with the raptor.* For the average joe that actually wants to fly his ex-military jet,

I was watching a show "Future weapons" and with the JSF atleast from a flying standpoint it is really easy to fly. The put kids (with no flight training) in the real deal JSF flight simulators and said before long they were shooting down enemy planes :blink: They even said the kids were giving them advice about the button layout in the cockpit. Saying this and that button would be better over here.

I remember laughing when I was watching that with my brother, and saying thats what you get with kids that grew up with video games

But I assume you were talking about a maintenance standpoint for the Raptor. Which as with any stealth plane is insanely high if you want to maintain the aircraft in top condition.

Though a raptor would be fun to fly. Supercruise ability and god only knows how fast it goes with afterburners. It has a better thrust/weight ratio then any plane ever made even the SR-71. They will only say its Mach 2 class but they arent going to release the real top speed for awhile.
ShadowXIX is offline                         Send a private message to ShadowXIX
Old 12-05-2006, 12:28 AM   #24
laiocfar
NOD Commander

Damm, we got a seriuos strikeback today when trying to stole a russian helicoppter in order to complete the shopping list. I am looking for 8 people without concers about killing innocents and better with military trainig or capable of flying combat planes.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:18 AM   #25
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Send a message via MSN to Playbahnosh

The group and I are planning an attack for tomorrow. We will attack the Taszár NATO Airbase here in Hungary. The fresh Grippens are just arrived some weeks ago, we will steel some, and then sell them to buy Harriers

"Don't fight the bad things in life! Find the good one! They are everywhere! Don't spend your life fighting for goals you can never reach! Live for the moment!"

BEWARE: I'm using the forums as a personal blog!
Playbahnosh is offline                         Send a private message to Playbahnosh
Old 12-05-2006, 01:39 PM   #26
cheesegrater
Game freak

A good eBayer would give him the money back. A $25000 aircraft can't fly anyways so it's a piece of scrap metal.

Quote:
There was a F-18 on Ebay not too long ago $9 million ready too fly.
I don't believe that since the source is ChinaDaily.

Apparently there is a Mig-17F for $130,000 ready to fly. Thats a little more affordable.

http://www.flyboytrader.com/boardview.cfm?...=13&CatCode=JET
Old 12-05-2006, 07:03 PM   #27
ShadowXIX
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by cheesegrater@May 12 2006, 01:39 PM

Quote:
There was a F-18 on Ebay not too long ago $9 million ready too fly

It was quite real. Ive been in a indepth talk about it on aviation forums and its was legit.

"The government officials failed to cut up the parts and render the aircraft unflyable. An aircraft collector (Ken Bryant of Air Capitol Warbirds Inc., in Wichita, Kansas) purchased the plane"

The plane has "some assembly required" about $9 million dollars worth though LOL.

The goverment did have him promise not to sell it to anyone but Americans, and to keep the F-18 in the United States. But if anyone had the cash to buy and restore it they could have had a working F-18.

Not as if that is really needed anything secret was taken out of the plane along time ago. Avionics, weapon systems, Radar etc.. was all gone.

Heres a better link
http://www.strategypage.com/gallery/...s/ebay_f18.asp

ShadowXIX is offline                         Send a private message to ShadowXIX
Old 12-05-2006, 10:50 PM   #28
gufu1992
Inscrutable annoying boss

Send a message via MSN to gufu1992

You caan buy things.... but don't be lazy and pick them up and bring home!
Old 12-05-2006, 11:18 PM   #29
cheesegrater
Game freak

Quote:
Originally posted by ShadowXIX+May 12 2006, 02:03 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ShadowXIX @ May 12 2006, 02:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-cheesegrater@May 12 2006, 01:39 PM

Quote:
There was a F-18 on Ebay not too long ago $9 million ready too fly

It was quite real. Ive been in a indepth talk about it on aviation forums and its was legit.

"The government officials failed to cut up the parts and render the aircraft unflyable. An aircraft collector (Ken Bryant of Air Capitol Warbirds Inc., in Wichita, Kansas) purchased the plane"

The plane has "some assembly required" about $9 million dollars worth though LOL.

The goverment did have him promise not to sell it to anyone but Americans, and to keep the F-18 in the United States. But if anyone had the cash to buy and restore it they could have had a working F-18.

Not as if that is really needed anything secret was taken out of the plane along time ago. Avionics, weapon systems, Radar etc.. was all gone.

Heres a better link
http://www.strategypage.com/gallery/...s/ebay_f18.asp [/b][/quote]
The aircraft still contains somewhat sensitive materials though. The engines and aiframe are still military grade. It is understanable that they don't want the aircraft exported. Russia did not allow the Tu-144LL to be sold because it had military engines.

I can't see anybody buying the aircraft to restore it though.
Old 13-05-2006, 05:21 AM   #30
ShadowXIX
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by cheesegrater@May 12 2006, 11:18 PM

Quote:

I can't see anybody buying the aircraft to restore it though.
You might be suprized people that collect planes have millions to throw around and it really all depends if the collector likes that type of plane.

Here a guy spent $6.9 million to recover and restore a single P-38

Glacier Girl

I dont really buy the engines or aiframe as still being of any real military importance. If it was he wouldnt be able to sell it period.

That tech is pretty much over a quarter of a century old and has been exported to various countries around the world including countries like Malaysia and Kuwait. If Russia or China wanted such information they would have gotten it along time ago.

The avionics, weapons systems would be the important stuff and was long gone.