Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Request Games
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 01-10-2013, 03:14 PM   #1
Hellmark

Default Hot Dog Stand

Hello, hopefully I can find some help here. I'm after a copy of the original Hot Dog Stand by Sunburst Communications. I think the full proper name is "Hot Dog Stand: Survival Math Skills". They have two sequels that were both released for Windows, "Hot Dog Stand: The Works", and "Hot Dog Stand: Top Dog". I'm only after the original DOS version.

This was an educational game from the early '80s, and was primarily marketed towards schools. I loved playing this in elementry school, but it has been extremely difficult to track down (I've periodically searched over the years at various places). If anyone knows of where to get a hold of a copy, even if it means I need to break out my wallet and a 5 1/2" drive, I'm game.
Hellmark is offline                         Send a private message to Hellmark
Old 01-10-2013, 07:39 PM   #2
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Not even in the company's online store. Strange, and obviously though one.

This is best I could find. They are perhaps no longer active, I don't know, but I guess it won't hurt to contact them. And please do share it with us if you find it.

Also, hong-kong something... You would need to contact them as well.

Last edited by marko river; 01-10-2013 at 07:50 PM.
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 01-10-2013, 08:04 PM   #3
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Actually, I don't know if this is helpful, but here is the list of universities that have or at least used to have this floppy. I don't know where are you from, perhaps it is possible for you to check somehow.

I got it from here.

List of universities
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 02-10-2013, 12:47 AM   #4
Hellmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko river View Post
Not even in the company's online store. Strange, and obviously though one.

This is best I could find. They are perhaps no longer active, I don't know, but I guess it won't hurt to contact them. And please do share it with us if you find it.

Also, hong-kong something... You would need to contact them as well.
Well, Hot Dog Stand was released 30 years ago, so I can see not selling the original version. The two sequels, Top Dog and The Works, are available, even though they're getting up in age too (the newer of the two was released in 2000).

I have been trying the library route as well, no luck yet. The listing in the world cat is the '91 version for Mac. I have been putting out feelers, and trying interlibrary loans though for libraries I've found with the DOS version.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:57 AM   #5
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Or trying to reach some of the students from Hong Kong perhaps... Perhaps we have a member here from HK, not sure though
Old 02-10-2013, 04:40 PM   #6
Tanara Kuranov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmark View Post
Well, Hot Dog Stand was released 30 years ago, so I can see not selling the original version. The two sequels, Top Dog and The Works, are available, even though they're getting up in age too (the newer of the two was released in 2000).

I have been trying the library route as well, no luck yet. The listing in the world cat is the '91 version for Mac. I have been putting out feelers, and trying interlibrary loans though for libraries I've found with the DOS version.
There's always the Macintosh Garden looking for Mac games, you know. Hot Dog Stand is one of the ones they're still looking for!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TanaraKuranov
Tanara Kuranov is offline                         Send a private message to Tanara Kuranov
Old 02-10-2013, 08:25 PM   #7
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanara Kuranov View Post
There's always the Macintosh Garden looking for Mac games, you know. Hot Dog Stand is one of the ones they're still looking for!
@Hellmark: He's right. If you happen to be able to obtain Mac version, at least that one will appear on the net.

edit: In the meantime: TO THE HONG KONG SCHOOOOOL!!!

Last edited by marko river; 02-10-2013 at 08:39 PM.
Old 14-10-2013, 03:37 PM   #8
Hellmark

If I can get my hands on the mac version, I will post it. So far, no luck getting anything.