Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 05-12-2006, 07:08 PM   #11
stfan

hey, has anyone been playing this? im wondering around some planets but i cant get to certain positions on the planets because the "step size" i have is too great, so if im at say position 1000 and i want to move to position 1200 but my step size is 300 i can't get to that position...any ideas how can i change this step size?

thanks k:

Old 17-12-2006, 06:03 AM   #12
kitten

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(stfan @ Dec 5 2006, 08:08 PM) [snapback]270417[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
hey, has anyone been playing this? im wondering around some planets but i cant get to certain positions on the planets because the "step size" i have is too great, so if im at say position 1000 and i want to move to position 1200 but my step size is 300 i can't get to that position...any ideas how can i change this step size?

thanks k:
[/b]
You shouldn't need to worry about it. In this game, you just have to get close enough. So if you see an object at 1200, being at 1300 should be good enough. Step size is entirely determined by what sort of environment you're in.

If it's REALLY a problem for whatever reason, you could beam back up, have the transporter guy set the coords to exactly where you want to be, and beam back down.

Old 17-12-2006, 06:10 AM   #13
kitten

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(john doe @ Dec 23 2005, 01:55 PM) [snapback]191710[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
ok i just want to ask you how to use the damn communicator. i have it ON but still i can t use it.

P.S. Its my first text based game so, please, be comprehensive
[/b]
Ah, I'm feeling helpful today, what the heck.

Everyone remember that in this game, anything you type into your box is what you say out loud.

So to use the communicator, if it's on, just say "Kirk to (whoever)." You can also say things like "Kirk to engineering" or "Kitk to sickbay" and whoever is in there will answer. Same with the intercom. To end the conversation just say "Kirk out" or address someone else, or don't worry about it and just keep going about your business.

This is a bit different from other text games where you'd say things like "get object" or "look at room". "walk south", etc. In Kobayashi ,*actions* are done with function keys (look, shoot, use), movement is done with arrow keys. Talking out loud is the only time you type something.

Everyone got that?

Old 16-01-2007, 02:07 PM   #14
Mousazz
Game freak

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kitten @ Dec 17 2006, 09:10 AM) [snapback]271892[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(john doe @ Dec 23 2005, 01:55 PM) [snapback]191710[/snapback]
Quote:
ok i just want to ask you how to use the damn communicator. i have it ON but still i can t use it.

P.S. Its my first text based game so, please, be comprehensive
[/b]
Ah, I'm feeling helpful today, what the heck.

Everyone remember that in this game, anything you type into your box is what you say out loud.

So to use the communicator, if it's on, just say "Kirk to (whoever)." You can also say things like "Kirk to engineering" or "Kitk to sickbay" and whoever is in there will answer. Same with the intercom. To end the conversation just say "Kirk out" or address someone else, or don't worry about it and just keep going about your business.

This is a bit different from other text games where you'd say things like "get object" or "look at room". "walk south", etc. In Kobayashi ,*actions* are done with function keys (look, shoot, use), movement is done with arrow keys. Talking out loud is the only time you type something.

Everyone got that?
[/b][/quote]
no, i didn't. what do you mean about "function keys"? how should i "look" for example?
Mousazz is offline                         Send a private message to Mousazz
Old 17-01-2007, 10:47 AM   #15
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Function keys = F1 to F12 keys on the uppermost row of your keyboard.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 30-07-2008, 05:47 PM   #16
jddj34
Lurker

Default Can't get by Copy-Protection

I can't get by Copy-Protection I have the NOKEY and the go.bat but It still looks for a disk in drive A:/ any suggestions?
jddj34 is offline                         Send a private message to jddj34