Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 17-04-2009, 08:56 PM   #1
witwicsluvr
Lurker

Default Where In The World/U.S.A. Is Carmen Sandiego?

Every time I try to load either game (I use Windows Vista) I get an error pop-up box that says "16 bit MS-Dos Subsystem" in the top and then it will say in the box itself, "CARMEN.EXE This system does not support fullscreen mode. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application. Well, obviously I want to play these games not close them...is there a workaround for this?
witwicsluvr is offline                         Send a private message to witwicsluvr
Old 17-04-2009, 09:41 PM   #2
Luchsen
Lurking Forever

DOSBox

Last edited by Luchsen; 18-04-2009 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Wrong link
Luchsen is offline                         Send a private message to Luchsen
Old 17-04-2009, 11:22 PM   #3
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

64 bits Vista systems are retarded to the point they are unable to be able to run old 16 bits applications.

There is nothing you can do short of using a program to emulate the required state to use the game. DOSBox is such a program, which emulate DOS.

Do not hesitate to post here again would you require assistance with using DOSBox. If you are the least the patient type you could also simply read the readme inside the program and figure out everything by yourself. It is really not that complicated.
Old 18-04-2009, 10:05 AM   #4
dosraider
Dismembered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle of Fire View Post
64 bits Vista systems are retarded to the point they are unable to be able to run old 16 bits applications.
Yeah, indeed.
All is retarded ourdays.
Just go figure, I had some ol'spear tires for my Peugeot 404 that I bought in 1975 and they don't fit on my new Toyota Corolla.
What a retarded world.

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*

Last edited by dosraider; 18-04-2009 at 10:18 AM.
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 18-04-2009, 11:46 AM   #5
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=14152 <-fix

this does not have to do anything with bit adressing, 64 systems are actually backwards compatible
Old 18-04-2009, 10:31 PM   #6
dosraider
Dismembered.

Yeah yeah yeah yeah, whatever _r.u.s.s., that won't help me put them tires on my new Corolla.

Nor will it help me play my ol'ACDC audio cassettes on my state-of-the-art brandnew secondhand CD player.

Come on, is it so much asked to be able to use all my ol absolete stuff on todays gear?

And I want to be able to use my Tandy Basic data cassettes in my Vista PC darned!!!!

And why can my CP/M programs not run on a 64 bits system?

And ......etcetera.

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*

Last edited by dosraider; 18-04-2009 at 10:40 PM. Reason: It's saterday night 00.40 and it seems I need to sober up..... :)
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 23-05-2009, 11:32 PM   #7
Blazer_72

Ok how about windows xp, everytime I start the game it gets to the start screen and then no more, its completely froze any suggestions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle of Fire View Post

There is nothing you can do short of using a program to emulate the required state to use the game. DOSBox is such a program, which emulate DOS.

Do not hesitate to post here again would you require assistance with using DOSBox. If you are the least the patient type you could also simply read the readme inside the program and figure out everything by yourself. It is really not that complicated.

Old 24-05-2009, 02:47 AM   #8
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Yes, use DOSBox...