Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old News
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 19-01-2010, 10:37 AM   #1
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Default New "Reviews Needed" List + Thread

We're back to our previous system for recruiting people to review our beloved classic games. You can now find the list of reserved and available reviews, along with a small list of Recommended Selections for the undecided in the Offers forum here. Don't hesitate to post there if you want take a game to review, and please read the instructions in the first post. The list will be updated periodically.
Old 19-01-2010, 07:10 PM   #2
Saccade
[BANNED]

Are people gonna get special badges (maybe VIP ones) for being friends of abandonia and writing game reviews..?

It's already been said by several reviewers (including our own Marko River) that having a special badge is better than not having a special badge, when it comes to writing reviews for this site.

I don't know why it is better, but I collect knives, sometimes fish (live), and like best the ones that have unique features.
Maybe a VIP / special reviewer badge is a unique feature in a world where these badges are rarer than in mine..?
Saccade is offline                         Send a private message to Saccade
Old 20-01-2010, 01:10 AM   #3
Acethor
HECU Marine

This special badge idea sounds nice... seems like a good way to grab alot of potential reviewers. The task should be something special though (special task for special badge ), so that not just anyone can simply write a review, get a badge, and then slip back into unhelpfulness. Maybe we can have like Gold Reviewer, Silver Reviewer, etc.

[ed]

WTF, I just click post reply, it waits like 30 seconds then pops out with a whole bunch of copies of the post

And now there's only one copy... weird...

We need help!! Click the link above if you're interested!

Last edited by Acethor; 20-01-2010 at 01:46 AM.
Acethor is offline                         Send a private message to Acethor
Old 20-01-2010, 12:16 PM   #4
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

If something like that is going to be implemented, it will be sometime in spring, maybe later. Staff is dead at the moment.
Old 20-01-2010, 05:40 PM   #5
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

A new badge is a good idea. A lot of people like to help this site but lose interest when they realize that their work are not recognized enough to their liking.

That badge would at the very least be good for bragging rights.
Old 21-01-2010, 03:27 PM   #6
Saccade
[BANNED]

The levelled / tiered badges would work best, I think...

Maybe some kinda pac-man meter for reviews, but with quicker cherries (or whatever the "upgraded" icon would be). Or like the normal posting "regular", "homie" or whatever it is.

I'm glad other people think it's a good idea, as I reckon it will help get more people writing.
Maybe we could even have some kinda reward for prolific reviewers and make an even bigger deal out of contributing to Abandonia.com?

I've been watching Supernanny, so I know all about reward and punishment, right?
Old 21-01-2010, 04:40 PM   #7
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saccade View Post
The levelled / tiered badges would work best, I think...
Maybe some kinda pac-man meter for reviews, but with quicker cherries (or whatever the "upgraded" icon would be). Or like the normal posting "regular", "homie" or whatever it is.
Waste not want not... the vBulletin reputation system is still in place, you know. Methinks maybe a few template hacks could repurpose it? It would have to be separate from PoE, though, since I have no idea how to make PoE work between the site and the forum.

Quote:
Maybe we could even have some kinda reward for prolific reviewers and make an even bigger deal out of contributing to Abandonia.com?
*points at the VIP rank* Like that?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 22-01-2010, 06:02 AM   #8
Saccade
[BANNED]

Yeah man - the VIP badge was the one that was going to be the Reviewer's badge stop-gap. Or was at least the first example...

Can we have a tiered VIP badge..? idk if it would be a good thing to use that one, as people would lose theirs.
Is it a big job to add another one?
Old 22-01-2010, 01:06 PM   #9
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

It's fairly easy, actually.
All that's needed to start are graphics, and... well, IDK but maybe we could drop the "Posting rank" thing altogether and reuse the gfx for reputation-level?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 22-01-2010, 03:33 PM   #10
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Lose my VIP tag? Nooooo! It's stuck there since so long, it won't come out!