Go Back   Forums > Graveyard > Trash Can
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 13-06-2006, 02:27 AM   #1
binkzz

Does anyone have a copy of the old dos 3d-menu program?

-me
binkzz is offline                         Send a private message to binkzz
Old 13-06-2006, 05:17 AM   #2
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

And what would that be? :blink:
Old 13-06-2006, 06:20 AM   #3
thatmexicanguy
Game freak

A description would help a bit.
thatmexicanguy is offline                         Send a private message to thatmexicanguy
Old 13-06-2006, 07:43 AM   #4
binkzz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(thatmexicanguy @ Jun 13 2006, 07:20 AM) [snapback]236319[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
A description would help a bit.
[/b]

It was a simple ansi menu system which you could easily customize. It was called '3d menu'. I'm not sure if there are better alternatives, but that's the one I used to use on the 386 many moons ago.
Old 13-06-2006, 03:46 PM   #5
guesst
Abandonia Homie

Oh, see, I had in my mind visions of flowing VR that would allow you to put polygonal icons anywhere in 3D space and navigate though this virtual quagmire to find your program. You'd have games in this corner, graphics apps in that one, and way back there where you hardly visit, every AOL trial that's been forcably installed on your system. All this, and I thought, DOS had that? Cool.

But no. Probably just put a shadow under the 'run' button and called it 3D.
guesst is offline                         Send a private message to guesst
Old 13-06-2006, 10:06 PM   #6
thatmexicanguy
Game freak

Does that really constitute as a "game," though? I thought Abandonia was devoted to games and applications that help run them, such as DosBox. That sounds like neither.
thatmexicanguy is offline                         Send a private message to thatmexicanguy
Old 14-06-2006, 01:57 AM   #7
binkzz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(thatmexicanguy @ Jun 13 2006, 10:06 PM) [snapback]236569[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Does that really constitute as a "game," though? I thought Abandonia was devoted to games and applications that help run them, such as DosBox. That sounds like neither.
[/b]
It's not a game, but it helps to run games; or at least keep you organized. In any case, I believe this would have been the best place to ask.

guesst:

It is pretty much that; simple 2d ansi menus with a shadow underneath. I didn't make up the name

[edit]

I found a list of dos menus here: http://www.dans20thcenturyabandonware.com/...ssg-dos-sw.html

And a copy of 3dmenu shareware here: http://www.aufrufen.de/downloads/shareware...es/3dmenup2.asp

Yay!
Old 17-06-2006, 04:37 AM   #8
Bobbin Threadbare
Not quite dead.

Unhappy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(thatmexicanguy @ Jun 14 2006, 08:06 AM) [snapback]236569[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
[/b]
Does dosbox count as a game? No it helps run games. As does this 3D menu.
Old 17-06-2006, 10:01 PM   #9
JimmyJ
Game Wizzard

Besides, it is an old application thingie, so i think that it shouldn't be yelled at.
JimmyJ is offline                         Send a private message to JimmyJ
Old 18-06-2006, 06:52 AM   #10
thatmexicanguy
Game freak

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bobbin Threadbare @ Jun 17 2006, 04:37 AM) [snapback]237272[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(thatmexicanguy @ Jun 14 2006, 08:06 AM) [snapback]236569[/snapback]
Quote:
[/b]
Does dosbox count as a game? No it helps run games. As does this 3D menu.
[/b][/quote]

I suppose you're right... appologies to everyone for my ignorance. And no, I wasn't yelling, just getting my two cents worth in, that's all.