Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 05-08-2004, 06:31 AM   #41
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
I really liked the idea of playing an original Star Trek game, *and I had a little thrill hearing the theme while watching the Enterprise soar across the starscape. *But the sky fights, for me, aren't as enjoyable. *The second one, with the cloaked Romulan starship, *ends every time with the Enterprise going up in flames, which means I can't advance. *Frustrating. * * *
watch closely.... cloaked ship can be spotted. it creates kind of blackhole effect (curves the light a bit).

but last fight in game is really too much.....
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor
Old 05-08-2004, 07:51 AM   #42
wendymaree
Home Sweet Abandonia

Oh, good tip on the faint silhouette of light effect, thanks Gregor. Unfortunately, my monitor shows only the lightest lights and little contrast as it's on the way out. I'm bidding for others through Australian Ebay, so hopefully will succeed soon. If not....anyone here who lives downunder with a monitor to sell? :wink:
wendymaree is offline                         Send a private message to wendymaree
Old 05-08-2004, 10:35 PM   #43
xndr2181
Game Wizzard

Default Judgement Rites!

I love both of the versions they created for the old star trek, anniversery special and judgement rites. I found I actually enjoyed judgement rites more though, probably because of the lack of space combat which I agree with most people was ridiculous. I'm really glad that this game is on the site though, cause I do so love it. I just hope judgement rites soon follows :P
-Sean
xndr2181 is offline                         Send a private message to xndr2181
Old 06-08-2004, 05:45 PM   #44
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

they couldn have made the fight more tactical. it would be more star trek that way.
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor
Old 06-08-2004, 06:18 PM   #45
xndr2181
Game Wizzard

Quote:
they couldn have made the fight more tactical. it would be more star trek that way.
I agree, but I guess for the time it was created, the graphics and tactical aspect of games was much more limited. Personally I wish I could just skip that aspect. It would have been nice if they allowed you to skip it if you wanted to, that way the people who enjoyed that aspect of the game could do it, and the people who didn't like it could just skip it.
-Sean
xndr2181 is offline                         Send a private message to xndr2181
Old 26-11-2004, 07:50 AM   #46
danron1376

This is a great game for anyone who is a Trekkie. The adventure plays out like a few episodes in a season, instead of having one overriding plot. The spaceship combat might be a little too 'actiony' for those who are into traditional adventure games, however. For one, the fight mechanics plays out like you're in a Wing-Commander game of fighters against fighters, instead of realistically portraying huge starship vs. starship battle. Great game nonetheless. I'd give it an 8.5
Old 03-01-2005, 05:06 PM   #47

how do I use my phaser when im beamed down on the planet?

Old 07-02-2005, 12:37 AM   #48
Uesato
Lurker

It was not that difficult to win the last battle. I died a lot, then thought "What would Kirk do?" - well, he would reprogram the game so he could win, but I am not a programmer, and could not do it. Then thought - "It's a stupid primitive A.I. who pilots the ships. It will not handle with unpredictable actions. " Then I just stopped the ship. The 2nd Enterprise goes crazy when you do it. It's pilot tries all time to go behind you - when you are in movement, you need to perform a circunference to fly around, but when stopped you just turn on your own axis and you are now looking to the other side, and the 2nd Enterprise will not face you, he will try to fly around to get your back, but you will turn on your own axis again and get there before him.

But you need first kill the two pirates. The pirates will face you, but their ships are weaker. If you stop, and aim to one of them, it will fly direct to you, shooting. You will do the same and he will explode, but you will be crap. Then save the game and run away - evasive action. Don't try to hunt the other two ships until Scotty fixes the ship. When your Enterprise is brand new again, stop and shoot the other pirate to death, then save, run away, fix the ship, stop, save, and do that tactic I quoted above.

The problem is: I just got 50% in this mission, and I can't figure why. Was the admiral looking my battle tactics and found my "stop tactic" stupid? Or I could have solved the mission without a battle? Or I forgot to do something important in the Republic? (I scanned all the bridge, and let McCoy save the girl).

If someone have a hint on this...
Uesato is offline                         Send a private message to Uesato
Old 08-02-2005, 03:35 PM   #49
Sammo

Woah, that brings back a lot of memories...

A great game: I was a proud owner of the special edition with the voice acting, too bad now it's no more in my possession. :ranting:

It was a very nice point-and-click adventure, faithful to the series (yes, as the reviewer cleverly pointed out, this could be a little drawback...but for a fan perspective, it was just fine!) and, more important, very playable and not strictly linear. You gotta LOVE the bomb-beaming trick!

As for the fighting part, well... quite frankly it sucked: almost killed the game for me!

As a sidenote, I must add that I've never played the Rites add-on, it was never sold here in Italy. If you guys will upload it in the future, for sure it will be a great addition to your site!

Bye!
Sammo from Italy
Sammo is offline                         Send a private message to Sammo
Old 08-02-2005, 08:37 PM   #50
knalle the knut

hey..have the same question like some guy before: How I phaser those annoying only-like-Klingons-lookin creatures on the first planet down..
please :help: cuz I wanna play further!!!

oh please please Mr. Picard