Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 10-10-2005, 06:34 PM   #11
Gelfo
Game freak

Quote:
Originally posted by Christian IV@Jun 12 2005, 04:44 PM
equal to the Tin Tin series as art works.
Not quite. Asterix worked when we were kids, but reading them as adults, it just doesn't. Tintin however...

Anyway, there's a new Asterix book coming out? I had no idea they were still being made, wow. Onto the subject of the game.. I can't remember if this was the one I had on the Master System, but if it is, it's fun
Old 10-10-2005, 07:12 PM   #12
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally posted by Gelfo@Oct 10 2005, 08:34 PM
Not quite. Asterix worked when we were kids, but reading them as adults, it just doesn't. Tintin however...
Are you sure you're already an adoult? I mean Asterix is dealing with some serious issues. Sure the basic plotline is somewhat simple, but it has many great jokes based on the social behaviour... I simply couldn't get half those jokes untill I got to know more of the world, more of the history and more of the human behaviour (it's not as shallow as it seems).

Anyway, back to this game. It's an excelent and really fun game. Just look at the screenshots and you'll know if you played it on your master system or not. the point of this game is to go around the ancient world and collect things (like a rugby ball when you win a rugby game in England...).
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 10-10-2005, 07:17 PM   #13
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by Sebatianos+Oct 10 2005, 02:12 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sebatianos @ Oct 10 2005, 02:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Gelfo@Oct 10 2005, 08:34 PM
Are you sure you're already an adoult? I mean Asterix is dealing with some serious issues. Sure the basic plotline is somewhat simple, but it has many great jokes based on the social behaviour... I simply couldn't get half those jokes untill I got to know more of the world, more of the history and more of the human behaviour (it's not as shallow as it seems).

Anyway, back to this game. It's an excelent and really fun game. Just look at the screenshots and you'll know if you played it on your master system or not. the point of this game is to go around the ancient world and collect things (like a rugby ball when you win a rugby game in England...). [/b][/quote]
I have to agree with Gelfo.
Nothing is more hilarious than Captain Haddock (Don't know what they call him in your parts).

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 28-10-2005, 11:17 AM   #14
Maramil

I remember playing this with my brother when i was small, and it was great fun,
but one thing irritates me: if you play this in multiplayer you have to jump simultaniously because if you jump at the same time the other cant steer his character anymore wich makes him fall down (example: in level 2) and kills him....

but it's still a great game!

:Titan: :Titan: :Titan:

Old 27-11-2005, 08:58 PM   #15
Thornwood
Forum hobbit

Shame, that. I love the Asterix books, and was curious as to how it would be made into a video game.

Personally, I like them better in French, although I must say that the English translations are really good, especially considering the amount of puns in the original ones. Better than the Tintin ones (honestly, Milou is a much better name for a dog than Snowy, and there's no beating "Mille milliards de mille sabords!" for swearing), although I haven't read that many of those.

Sorry, off-topic rant. Hope I'll get ahold of this game someday.

Hurrah for the Indomitable Gauls!
Thornwood is offline                         Send a private message to Thornwood
Old 28-11-2005, 07:26 AM   #16
Pwent

Quote:
Originally posted by Thornwood@Nov 27 2005, 09:58 PM
Shame, that. I love the Asterix books, and was curious as to how it would be made into a video game.

Personally, I like them better in French, although I must say that the English translations are really good, especially considering the amount of puns in the original ones. Better than the Tintin ones (honestly, Milou is a much better name for a dog than Snowy, and there's no beating "Mille milliards de mille sabords!" for swearing), although I haven't read that many of those.

Sorry, off-topic rant. Hope I'll get ahold of this game someday.

Hurrah for the Indomitable Gauls!
how bout 'Hundreds of blue bilious blistering barnacles!'

Old 28-11-2005, 11:10 AM   #17
Thornwood
Forum hobbit

Eh, I still think french is more fun to swear in. :bleh: *is a shameless francophile*
Thornwood is offline                         Send a private message to Thornwood
Old 09-01-2006, 04:35 PM   #18
DarkMagic

I'm stuck on the "London" level where you go up the ladders inside a dungeon or smth. I reach the top but there's no exit, I dont know where to go from there, please help

Old 09-01-2006, 06:32 PM   #19
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

You need to free all the rugby players from the prison. There's one on each floor. To open the doors you need to hold down the hit button (Asterix will wind up for a punch and Obelix will take a deep breath). When you release the button they'll preform a "superpunch" knocking the door in. But be careful, there are three things behind the doors: the players you need to rescue, gold coins and hoodlems that will attack you. When you free all the players you'll finish the level.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 13-01-2006, 09:47 AM   #20
-GaMoR-

HELP ME

Who knos where i can get this game??? I want to play it KNOW (as soon as possible)

HELP ME

SEND ME THE GAME VIA EMAIL: Warez-wanting-rule-breaker@gettingitsoon.NOT

PLZ HELP ME

the Gamer from germany