Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old Suggestions
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27-06-2009, 08:16 PM   #1
methuselah

Default ABANDONIA NOT "cURL" FRIENDLY

I recently discovered that "Abandonia" no longer allows segmented, session-to-session downloads, at least as far as "cURL" (my preferred download manager) is concerned. In the past, I was able to copy the download link location, paste it into the "cURL" command-line, and download for a pre-determined
interval, preserving each segment session-to-session. No longer! Now the "Abandonia" server tells me that I must "revalidate" for each session, and byte-range downloads are not supported. It is now "download all or nothing".

This new policy effectively "shuts the door" on me, and other dial-up users, who lack the download speed necessary for large downloads. Please bring back the "old way" of doing things and make it again possible for dial-up users to take downloads in smaller "chunks". Making "Abandonia" "cURL-friendly" could also further encourage the open-source-software community.

By the way, I discovered "cURL" when I began using Mandriva Linux. A Windows version is also available.

methuselah is offline                         Send a private message to methuselah