Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 22-11-2004, 03:31 PM   #1
Rogue
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Angry

Master of Orion 3 was my biggest disappointment! :not_ok: :angry:

I liked first two games, but third one was just so strange and bad, that same day I uninstalled it. :ranting:

What are yours big disappointments? :blink:
Rogue is offline                         Send a private message to Rogue
Old 22-11-2004, 03:56 PM   #2
The Niles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Destiny. Cost me 100 Gulden at the time and it was the worst Civ clone ever made as well as the worst game ever released. Never bought a game afterwords without reading a review before buying. Unfortunately even reviews are sometimes wrong as in the case of Master of Orion 3.
Rabyd Rev -- 2 Timothy 2:15
The Niles is offline                         Send a private message to The Niles
Old 22-11-2004, 04:08 PM   #3
Chef Boyardee
Game freak

Send a message via MSN to Chef Boyardee

My biggest disappointment with a game was definitely Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic. I couldn't play the game for literally more than 10 minutes because it was so ridiculously bad. I had such high hopes for it since the original Age of Wonders was one of the few games that I revere as a true classic. Oh well.

Worst game ever, though. I'll have to think about that.
Chef Boyardee is offline                         Send a private message to Chef Boyardee
Old 22-11-2004, 04:47 PM   #4
Dream
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via MSN to Dream

Civilization 3 (though proper name should probably be Civilization 3: Milking the Cash Cow)
Old 22-11-2004, 04:49 PM   #5
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

Pfff
if you want franchisemilking try C&C Generals.

Its not exactly a bad game as such (thats why I'm not saying its my worst game ever... still need to think about that) but its awefull as a C&C game... because its all but a C&C game
Old 22-11-2004, 05:01 PM   #6
Dream
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via MSN to Dream

I mean look at it:

"Hey Buck we need some game, we ran out of money"

"Sure let's make a sequel, everybody's doing it! Why should we be creative when we can just act like every gaming company?"

"Ok humm...civilization?"

"Yeah great idea, we'll give it a new name, change a few graphics, include lots of corruption, little detail in AI levels add some bugs and voila it's done!"

"Buck, you're genius"
Old 22-11-2004, 05:08 PM   #7
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

yes.
I think the worst game i ever played was Enter the Matrix.
And if that wasn't enough my brother was tricked into buying that piece of excrement aswell. So we both paid twice for the same bad game.

I tried to like it. I tried not to look at the glitches, I tried to think the movies made up for the lack of everything else.. didn't work.

Another game which is sadly also a very bad game was the last Tomb Raider.
I really liked it at the beginning, but after a while, after falling through a wall into a gaping black hole (talk about clipping errors) I decided the game wasn't that great.

But i think Enter the matrix is still the undefeated champion.
I wouldn't go so far as to say its the worst game ever made. its just the only game where I really felt robbed. I really didn't get my money's worth.
Old 22-11-2004, 05:27 PM   #8
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

SIM Earth ------- it dissapointed me....
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor
Old 22-11-2004, 05:41 PM   #9
VegaB0nd

STROGGY has a point... i was hoping Enter the Matrix would be good, seeing that the movie was pretty good n all... it was depressing seeing the action look so bad for a movie that looked so good... there are still many other crappy games, but none i can name from the top of my head...
VegaB0nd is offline                         Send a private message to VegaB0nd
Old 22-11-2004, 05:44 PM   #10
FreeFreddy

A game that disappointed? Hmm, let's think... Usually I buy games that I know are worth it too. Ah, I got it.

Wizardry 8 - now this is a game where I awaited continued fun from Wizardry 7. I didn't get as much as I hoped. I mean, ok, there were loads of new weapons, and monsters, and spells... And you could import some items from previous Wizardry to this one. There was only one thing that annoyed, but it was the most important one.
In Wizardry 7 you can avoid random battles by saving a game before and reload if you wasn't in the mood to fight. You can even let the number of enemies in the pre-determined battles vary that way. In Wizardry 8, this isn't possible. You can save the game so far away too, you meet the enemies, you reload the game, you get the same enemies. Every time!

At the beginning it's ok yet, but when you get further and your weapons are with luck only those from Wizardry 7 or even the provided cheap ones from this game's beginning, and the enemies have much life, and they become every time more, this can kick the patience out with time... And the enemies come pretty often. And you can't avoid those battles, only if you run and even then they might be still there when you come back. :ranting:
This annoyed me so much that I stopped playing the game when I reached the place where those weird squirrel people live high in the trees and near them the rattkins. It became boring then and I abandoned the game. And you know what? I didn't regret it. I never wanted to play it again. Sad, but better save the nerves for better made games...