Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17-06-2007, 02:54 AM   #1
guesst
Abandonia Homie

Okay, I've got to say that as an outside observer, I am extremely impressed with the line up on XBox Live Arcade. The new 3D Prince of Persia Classic, Wing Commander Arena, Catan, not to mention Pac-Man tournament or Jetpac Refuelled. It seems like XBLA is an effective outlet for creative gaming and classic revitalization, a respite from redundant FPS remakes. Every one of these games gets rave reviews from reliable, and sometimes sarcastic sources who can't stop gushing about how good they are.

The only problem I have with it is I don't get to play. XBox Live is made for those with a healthy chunck of disposable income, probably part of the reason for its success. But $400 for a 360, what is it, $15 a month for Live and then an additional $5 - $15 per game. If I had that sort of money would I be hanging around the abandonware community? My only hope is that in a year or two there will start being PC port of these game showing up in the $5 bin at my local shopping center. Either that or someone decides to hack them and make them downloadable like MAME.

Hmm, doesn't really open up the conversation the way a question would be, but what are your thoughts? Anyone here subscribe to this? How much does this suck on the international side? Can you even play it in the Netherlands? If you're not state side have you even heard of this?
guesst is offline                         Send a private message to guesst