Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 16-03-2007, 09:27 AM   #1
catchaserguns
Games Master

I highly suggest people should avoid the website Download Full Games.com. They are as crooked as one of those "you won a free ________". I tried them and not only did I not been able to download any games but I ended up getting a lot of SPAM and not the canned variety either. I tell you this from experience.
catchaserguns is offline                         Send a private message to catchaserguns
Old 16-03-2007, 10:00 AM   #2
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Thanks for the warning. I was considered about joining because they had couple of (hentai) games I wanted to download. But now that you revealed their real purpose, Il pass.
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 16-03-2007, 12:13 PM   #3
mirrorshades
Forum hobbit

Agreed... they claim to offer a number of games, but when you click on "download" you are instead taken to a page that gives you the old "Oh, gee, we're sorry... but because of all the bandwidth costs we can no longer offer downloads for free. However, we have this handy form you can use to give us your credit card number and become a paying member in order to access the downloads."

They also spam some other gaming sites I visit from time to time. Overall annoying people, I wonder if anyone ever takes the bait?
mirrorshades is offline                         Send a private message to mirrorshades
Old 16-03-2007, 03:43 PM   #4
chainsoar
Master Debater

I thought everyone already knew that site was bad. Whoever it is has been spamming HOTU for ages now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dosraider View Post
You click on 'Download this game'.
chainsoar is offline                         Send a private message to chainsoar
Old 16-03-2007, 04:56 PM   #5
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Cool

Reminds me of a certain place I stumbled upon a few years back when looking for a completely different thing:
Quote:
Please vote first.
Don't worry I seriously have working Nintendo GBA roms[/b]
Of course, if you are stupid enough to vote on three toplists they want you to...
Quote:
Please vote first.
LOL

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 16-03-2007, 07:00 PM   #6
win98
In the loop on hardware.

I nearly good sucked in and was looking round the fourm making sure they were legit and what do I find this topic. Thanks for the warning I get enough spam on one of my email accounts I have 2 as it is.
win98 is offline                         Send a private message to win98
Old 17-03-2007, 04:31 AM   #7
silz
Abandonia nerd

Thanks for the heads up man. I almost wanted to download from there too. I hate all the registering thing just for downloads.
silz is offline                         Send a private message to silz
Old 17-03-2007, 08:06 AM   #8
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Mar 16 2007, 04:56 PM) [snapback]283878[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Reminds me of a certain place I stumbled upon a few years back when looking for a completely different thing:
Quote:
Please vote first.
Of course, if you are stupid enough to vote on three toplists they want you to...
Quote:
Please vote first.
LOL
[/b]
I remember that. That totally sucks!
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 17-03-2007, 11:00 AM   #9
HamburgerBoyt

Weird, they work for me. I downloaded Daikatana from them months ago without a problem and just to test I'm downloading Blood 2. At 670kb/s, too.
HamburgerBoyt is offline                         Send a private message to HamburgerBoyt
Old 18-03-2007, 06:26 AM   #10
Moonypond

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HamburgerBoyt @ Mar 17 2007, 10:00 PM) [snapback]283979[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Weird, they work for me. I downloaded Daikatana from them months ago without a problem and just to test I'm downloading Blood 2. At 670kb/s, too.
[/b]
I guess that they actually have games then but you have to do their survey? Anyway SiteAdvisor comments say you also get phonecalls :blink: (http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/dow...earch&aff_id=0)

Anyone heard of 10MinuteMail? Very useful if you are suspicious of spam. Creates an disposable email address that expires in 10 minutes! http://10minutemail.com/10MinuteMail/index.html
Moonypond is offline                         Send a private message to Moonypond