Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 06-07-2010, 03:53 PM   #21
DeadSomething

can someone add some lines on how to setup your dosbox?
i found the intro (at startup until menu) run better on 10000 cycles and are lagging when using 20000 cycles.
which are your most stable settings?
DeadSomething is offline                         Send a private message to DeadSomething
Old 08-07-2010, 03:45 PM   #22
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

try typing
core dynamic
cycles max
Old 27-07-2010, 11:51 PM   #23
DeadSomething

after all i found some good settings.
can someone explain me which factor builds life-support-cells?
DeadSomething is offline                         Send a private message to DeadSomething
Old 28-07-2010, 12:29 AM   #24
Geezer
Abandonia Homie

Why did the manual for Alien Legacy never get added? There were a couple to choose from.
"The gadfly has returned! Thou simpering, whining stable dropping. I have defeated thee repeatedly and still thou darest crawl back for more punishment. Chastise thee I shall. Thy stature is insignificant and thy name moronic. Brother to the vole! Offspring of money grubbing know nothings!" ... Spellcraft: Aspects of Valor
Geezer is offline                         Send a private message to Geezer
Old 28-07-2010, 04:29 AM   #25
Palocles
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSomething View Post
after all i found some good settings.
can someone explain me which factor builds life-support-cells?
Habitats make Life Support.
Palocles is offline                         Send a private message to Palocles
Old 28-07-2010, 03:43 PM   #26
Paco
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Paco Send a message via MSN to Paco Send a message via Yahoo to Paco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
Why did the manual for Alien Legacy never get added? There were a couple to choose from.
Well, i did upload it, but it wont show on Site. A Bug that only STD can fix. nothing i can do, sorry.

Check here for Maps i made
Paco is offline                         Send a private message to Paco
Old 03-08-2010, 07:12 AM   #27
Inquisitor

Default beats modern titles

Wow, that game is amazing. I stumbled upon it last week and my last weekend was gone! The principle of the game is something new to me, the combination of build-up-strategy, adventure und space-battle elements makes this quite entertaining. Although the long exploring missions on the moons and planets tend to get a bit boring after some time. But I think this is a good example, that a good game doesn't need mind-blowing graphics. Recently I was often disappointed of modern games, which looked really great but lacked a congruent storyline or fresh ideas in game design or gameplay.
I have played it till the battle phase now and I must say I find it quite tough. I already lost about 15 ships to the aliens and can't find the right technology. My research adviser told me to search on the surface of Planet Prometheus for a crashed alien-ship, but I can't find it on the given coordinates. Has somebody an idea why that is?
Inquisitor is offline                         Send a private message to Inquisitor
Old 03-09-2010, 09:43 AM   #28
Harleqwyn

Found this game after needing a Starflight/StarCon2/Space sci-fi fix. So far the mix of plot, exploration and colonization is fairly engrossing, although the interface could have been better with all the micromanagement required. Spoilers ahead...

I have started facing the Empiant threat. It seems the threat doesn't appear until Gamma1 roars to life. This has worked out well for me in the following way. I avoided destroying pylons because I trusted my science advisor more. I thought the mutagen would remove the biota threat, but it didn't. Later I got the muffler, but it triggered Gamma1 off. So I have been surviving by shooting the biota myself, which was bloody tedious. Luckily I got the bomb next, so muffling+bombing Gamma1 took care of that.

At this point I have a small stockpile of missiles, a few armour and laser upgrades, and about 60 ships. I reached this point by not dealing with Gamma1 until I had the bomb. But, it looks like the Empiants are vicious! By playing ahead on a dummy save I found that they are much less so if there are no humans on SSCronus. But eventually I need to build labs on SCronus, and then I can't avoid the attacks.

I think I can delay somemore and build more ships. But I find that when my ships are engaging the Empiants, the missile stock at the nearest colony disappears fast. This is a real pain when each ship can only carry one missile, and I need my ships to fight the buggers. Is there a way to transport missiles in bulk? Or am I doomed to losing many ships? Massing them off Cronus doesn't really help reduce losses.

BTW a small tip: send probe ships with human pilots to the Beta asteroids. Cost me 10 ships to learn this the hard way...

Old 03-09-2010, 11:00 PM   #29
Harleqwyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquisitor View Post
Wow, that game is amazing. I stumbled upon it last week and my last weekend was gone! The principle of the game is something new to me, the combination of build-up-strategy, adventure und space-battle elements makes this quite entertaining. Although the long exploring missions on the moons and planets tend to get a bit boring after some time. But I think this is a good example, that a good game doesn't need mind-blowing graphics. Recently I was often disappointed of modern games, which looked really great but lacked a congruent storyline or fresh ideas in game design or gameplay.
I have played it till the battle phase now and I must say I find it quite tough. I already lost about 15 ships to the aliens and can't find the right technology. My research adviser told me to search on the surface of Planet Prometheus for a crashed alien-ship, but I can't find it on the given coordinates. Has somebody an idea why that is?
Have you checked the sectors surrounding the one your advisor reported to you, using the artifact scanner on the mercator screen? How is your battle with the squids faring?

Old 05-09-2010, 04:19 AM   #30
flameg0d

Default need help here

I played this game in Dosbox, but it crashed only when I nuke the gamma asteroid, any suggestion how to fix it?

I've tried on the game other ways to finish the game but gamma ast still have to be blown up to pieces, so I think the problem lies in my Dosbox
flameg0d is offline                         Send a private message to flameg0d