Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 05-08-2006, 09:49 PM   #91
Sith-Avenger

Hmmm...
every time I try to DL and run this game I get the same issues (have tried it at least 3-4 times now).
When I install run it it is super-duper-ridiculously fast.
When I run it under dosbox it is so slow I grew a beard whilst waiting for the mission to start!
I am using Xp pro sp 2.
So what's the deal with this game? Is there any way to get this game to run at anything like HUMAN speeds instead of SUPERMAN/SNAIL ON CRUTCHES speeds??

BTW I am using a 3ghz P4 and 1.5gb ram, so maybe am a bit overclocked for this game. And yes I have already tried increasing the cycles in dosbox . I really increased them a lot... I find the game is still slow and movement is very lumpy.

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny to Your signature to help him on his way to world domination.</div>
Sith-Avenger is offline                         Send a private message to Sith-Avenger
Old 05-08-2006, 11:05 PM   #92
Scatty
Treasure hunter

DosBox is unfortunately not appropriate for 3D shooters like Doom, Duke Nukem 3D or Alien Trilogy, so I'm afraid the only way to play this game in normal speed is to play it on old Pentium with 100-166 Mhz.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 06-08-2006, 12:53 AM   #93
Sith-Avenger

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Scatty @ Aug 5 2006, 11:05 PM) [snapback]246913[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
DosBox is unfortunately not appropriate for 3D shooters like Doom, Duke Nukem 3D or Alien Trilogy, so I'm afraid the only way to play this game in normal speed is to play it on old Pentium with 100-166 Mhz.
[/b]
OK that's cool... at least I know now

Thanks for the info.

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny to Your signature to help him on his way to world domination.</div>
Sith-Avenger is offline                         Send a private message to Sith-Avenger
Old 07-08-2006, 02:52 PM   #94
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Try switching to Dynamic Core mode and increasing the cycles even further.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 03-10-2006, 09:10 PM   #95
kryptonita
Lurker

I want to get this game in CD, i have one copy in CD without cinematics.
Someone have it 100% functional??? I love this old game
Old 03-10-2006, 10:06 PM   #96

Why, I have it completely on a CD, bought it earlier but there's no way for you to get it from me. Besides I'm not trading it or giving it away, and anything else is warez.

Old 05-10-2006, 10:24 PM   #97
Lioness

Hi i downloaded this for my son (and me) I used to love to play it on playstation. It runs ok on XP through the .exe, only one question can it be configured to use a joypad ? and if so how?. I went to options and saw an array of controllers but all the ones apart from mouse and keyboard didn't look like what we have and when I selected each one I got an option to calibrate that apparently did nothing. Any ideas? would be grateful for any help as I'm crap with the keyboard and find a joypad much easier in shooting games.

Old 05-10-2006, 11:06 PM   #98

Selecting a joystick is the same as joypad, it steers the same way. Calibrating a joystick centers it so it doesn't constantly move into one direction no matter what you press, and after calibrating you can press the steering cross to move into any chosen direction. That's a usual procedure by selecting a joypad or a joystick.

Old 10-10-2006, 05:25 PM   #99

The CD music of Alien Trilogy is so great, I wonder why they didn't upload it as MP3 to the music section on the site. Without the CD music the game is just boring, missing something.

Old 05-12-2006, 08:58 PM   #100
fox92
Lurker

:brain:
I love alien, i only just joined this site and its great. and then i find this great game, i am a happy foxie.
fox92 is offline                         Send a private message to fox92