Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

View Poll Results: what is you're sexuallity??
Straight 43 81.13%
Gay 2 3.77%
Bi-sexual 4 7.55%
Not of you're buisness 4 7.55%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 14-02-2005, 07:43 PM   #41
Havell
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Stroggy@Feb 14 2005, 07:29 PM
Unless he becomes a gynecologist.
A: You're her gynecologist?
B: Yes, I am. Is that strange?
A: It's like reading a book when you already know the ending.

LOL
Havell is offline                         Send a private message to Havell
Old 14-02-2005, 07:45 PM   #42
taikara
Abandonia Homie

@FreeFreddy: Definitely! Just because someone has a beautiful mind doesn't necessarily mean they also have a beautiful soul :angel:

And the soul is much harder to see until it's too late.
taikara is offline                         Send a private message to taikara
Old 14-02-2005, 07:48 PM   #43
FreeFreddy

That's why it always needs some time before coming together. To learn more of the one you like, and to avoid wrong decisions...

Old 14-02-2005, 07:48 PM   #44
rainwife
Abandonia nerd

@Tulac: Yuk - Stop drulling you slimmy slimmy boy!

I too have nothing against people who do it with their own sex, as long as both (all of them ) are willing to do it k:
rainwife is offline                         Send a private message to rainwife
Old 14-02-2005, 07:54 PM   #45
Calamity
Game freak

Relationships with either gender can definately be a hard thing. I've been through both and just found that being with women felt right.

The hugest problem with it though is that women alone are rather emotional creatures, so putting two into a relationship can make things rather crazy at times. I've been with my lady for four years now and though it's been wonderful, when we get into fights they usually end up being bigger than they need to be simply because of our emotional reactions. :P
Calamity is offline                         Send a private message to Calamity
Old 14-02-2005, 07:57 PM   #46
rainwife
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by Calamity@Feb 14 2005, 08:54 PM
... when we get into fights they usually end up being bigger than they need to be simply because of our emotional reactions. :P
Well, I would believe that, but it must be so much nicer then when you make up k: Besides, if you really want to make it, there is never and will never be an easy way to do it!
Old 14-02-2005, 08:01 PM   #47
Mad-E-Fact
Games Master

Well, I'm straight, but I have nothing against gay guys. They usually have a good sense for style and know how to make party.
Mad-E-Fact is offline                         Send a private message to Mad-E-Fact
Old 14-02-2005, 08:10 PM   #48
Calamity
Game freak

Quote:
Originally posted by rainwife@Feb 14 2005, 03:57 PM
Well, I would believe that, but it must be so much nicer then when you make up k: Besides, if you really want to make it, there is never and will never be an easy way to do it
There is so much truth there. When I was younger I thought a good relationship was one without problems. Now that I'm twenty and can clearly look at things I realize how wrong I was there. A relationship without problems isn't a very close one. There will always be arguements and misunderstandings, it's how you end/clean up after them that is what counts.

Personally I just don't understand how people can throw the term love around in the way they do. I remember back in high school these girls would be with a certain guy one week and they were "totally in love" and yet she'd be dating an entirely new guy the next week. :blink: I guess words just mean more to me than they do with other people.
Calamity is offline                         Send a private message to Calamity
Old 14-02-2005, 08:16 PM   #49
Mardi-Gras
Forum hobbit

Well, I'm straight, but frankly, if someone can find a relationship with another that satisfies both, then it's all good. I'm not sure if issues of sexuality mellow with age, but I'm thirty, unmarried, unattached, unloved and unsurprised, and don't really mind how someone else finds happiness.

I am, however, suspicious of people who wear their sexuality as a badge. Couple of years ago, I worked security at a student union where there is a vibrant gay and lesbian community. Actually, vibrant isn't quite the right word - militaristic might be better. Again, I'll just stress that I take no issue with anyone's sexual preference, but i do take issue at having my own tastes ridiculed - it's like a sort of reverse-snobbery. I don't think sexuality defines a person, and I don't think it should. As a case-in-point, at the university, I suggested starting a 'straight' club, and was immediately hammered with complaints from the gay-and-lesbian society, because obviously I must be homophobic.

Obviously I'm not - but I do think that if one's sexuality is used to bludgeon a lifestyle onto other people, one can't then claim the moral highground when bludgeoned back. At least, that's my opinion.
Mardi-Gras is offline                         Send a private message to Mardi-Gras
Old 14-02-2005, 08:23 PM   #50
rainwife
Abandonia nerd

@Mardi - I know what you are saying, but that is the way things are. It seems that there will always be a group of people that will feel discriminated or attakced, so they will attack first.
I guess reversed discrimination is understandable, but only makes things worst. One should be proud of what one is, and defend it, but not attack others, just because they are different in their eyes.
Closed Thread