Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 21-11-2005, 11:14 AM   #41
wendymaree
Home Sweet Abandonia

My first post was about trying to get a game working in the trouble-shooting forum, and Tom and Freddy answered it. I was really impressed by how friendly everyone was and tried not to be put off at being the only female here. However, there were other girls here....I just didn't know it at the time.
wendymaree is offline                         Send a private message to wendymaree
Old 21-11-2005, 12:31 PM   #42
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
I found this game quite annoying actually. It took me about 15 minutes to get out of my cell at the start, and when you go to walk somewhere it is delayed which caused more problems trying to get out of my cell at the start and then running away from the guards. So I gave up and moved onto 5 Days A Stranger and then 7 Days A Skeptic, which are very very good point and click adventure games you should put them up on the site so everyone can play them they deffinently worth it although they are quite short.

P.S. I may be getting off the topic a bit, but I needed an excuse to to bring up these two games I'm sorry. But I absolutly love them.
Well the board thinks this was my first post, but I'm almost positive it wasn't. The first post I remember posting was about 2 lines long and at the end I introduced myself. I have a feeling the thread was deleted.

Useless post reading back over it. It wasn't easy finding something useful to say in my first ever post in my first ever forum. This was about the Twinsens game, oh that gave gave me the shits.

Yes this post was made 11th of Sept. And I'm pretty sure I posted on the 8th after joining as I remember reading through the forums for a few days and not signing up till I wanted to actually say something.
Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow
Old 21-11-2005, 12:42 PM   #43
RedHeadSebbe
Super Freak

Send a message via Skype™ to RedHeadSebbe

Well....
"I think i can translate the page to Swedish."

Funny huh??
RedHeadSebbe is offline                         Send a private message to RedHeadSebbe
Old 21-11-2005, 01:05 PM   #44
Rogue
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by Tulac@Nov 20 2005, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Morrowind was great the only problem is it ate to much of my free time
Umm yeah...
That's why I never finished that game...
Rogue is offline                         Send a private message to Rogue
Old 21-11-2005, 01:10 PM   #45
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

That's why I'm playing the game again. If I had a dollar for every hour of free time I had right now, I'd be a multi-billionaire.
Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow
Old 21-11-2005, 01:41 PM   #46
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
If you at Abandonia would like to put this vintage old FPS/tactical game up on your site, I can send it to you - and not just the game, also the manual and music.

If you are looking for any other DoS-based oldies, like Another World (yes, I have it!) etc, then drop me a line, I have got quite an array of them
The thread was titled "Space Hulk".

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 21-11-2005, 05:39 PM   #47
Frodo
One ring to rule them all...

My first post was in the Requests thread. I was asking about the Phoenix game.

Why is it that Moogle joined the day after me, but he has so many more posts? :whistle:

Frodo is offline                         Send a private message to Frodo
Old 21-11-2005, 05:47 PM   #48
Sean
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

He has a lot more time than you? Don't worry about it there are people here who joined after me with over 2THOUSAND more posts than me!

Sean is offline                         Send a private message to Sean
Old 21-11-2005, 06:41 PM   #49
Fruit Pie Jones
Now 50% Descriptivist!

Quote:
Originally posted by Fruit Pie Jones
With all things infinite in possibilities it IS possible that he/she has long destroyed him/herself.* Therefore god doesn't HAVE to exist.
(Seems like as good a place as any for a first post.) It is certainly possible. But why would God destroy himself? What would be served by that?[/b][/quote]
That was my first post, in the ill-fated "Meaning of Life" thread. BTW, this past Friday was my one-year Abandonia anniversary. I meant to throw a big party and invite you all, but instead I just stayed home and ate all of the cake.
Old 21-11-2005, 07:10 PM   #50
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Cake as a pleasant change from pie, presumably.

In reply to the content of your first post, check the link in my signature out - 's an interesting read.
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone