Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-10-2006, 03:25 PM   #121
Miss Vanilla

I can't open the game, not in windows, not in dosbox. I've changed the file paths in legend.ini, but still it won't work, please help me. I played the game once last year, and I really liked it, but now I can't play it anymore
Miss Vanilla is offline                         Send a private message to Miss Vanilla
Old 31-01-2007, 12:49 AM   #122
Februus

has anyone else noticed a little bugger of a glitch in the labyrinth?

if you fiddle around with the remains attached to the spikes while the munching plants are moving it creates a wirey lump around one of the spikes called "stuff", which if you touch makes the game crash!

brilliant game, though

Old 16-03-2007, 09:42 AM   #123

Please help me, I've casted Heat on an Ink Jug and the game started blinking violently at me and does nothing. What's worse, after I Alt+Tab out of this blinking hell, kill the task, and open the game again, it returns to the EXACT same spot and blinks and freezes again.

Old 16-03-2007, 09:47 AM   #124

I also tried deleting the whole game and redownloading and it does it again.
Please help!

Old 16-03-2007, 10:06 AM   #125
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Are you emulating?
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 16-03-2007, 10:27 AM   #126

Win XP.
I changed the INI to run from C:\DGATE maybe it is the cause?!

Old 16-03-2007, 10:28 AM   #127
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Try using real DOS or DOSBox (the DOS emulator). The game can be unstable in WinXP.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 16-03-2007, 10:36 AM   #128

OK, I'll try but I think I jst ruined it for myself, cause it blinks and freezes wherever I open the game even after I just redownloaded.
Maybe you can tell me where savegames are?

Old 17-03-2007, 10:06 AM   #129
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Savegames wouldn't help much. The game doe not have any bugs that would make it blink and freeze. If it does so it's because it's not compatible with your system. The game was made for DOS, so it wasn't even ment to be run in Windows. this doesn't mean you can't start it in Windows, but you can experiance problems, because that's not the OS it was programed for.

DOSBox is a DOS emulator, so if you run DOSBox within Windows (Linux, MacOS... any other OS that DOSBox has been ported to) you can make your computer believe it's in DOS and most of the programmes and games made for DOS will run without any problems!

p.s. If you're having problems using DOSBox don't be afraid to ask for help. You'll get a setp by step walkthrough on how to make the game run!
Old 18-05-2007, 12:24 AM   #130
sal

:brain: You can download the latest Dox box with complete installation instructions from Abandonia and these dos games WILL work. I am definately NOT a techno freak. Just followed the instructions... and installed and just finished playing Deathgate. I am currently playing Amazon Guardians of Eden.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sebatianos @ Mar 17 2007, 11:06 AM) [snapback]283980[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Savegames wouldn't help much. The game doe not have any bugs that would make it blink and freeze. If it does so it's because it's not compatible with your system. The game was made for DOS, so it wasn't even ment to be run in Windows. this doesn't mean you can't start it in Windows, but you can experiance problems, because that's not the OS it was programed for.

DOSBox is a DOS emulator, so if you run DOSBox within Windows (Linux, MacOS... any other OS that DOSBox has been ported to) you can make your computer believe it's in DOS and most of the programmes and games made for DOS will run without any problems!

p.s. If you're having problems using DOSBox don't be afraid to ask for help. You'll get a setp by step walkthrough on how to make the game run!
[/b]