Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 18-08-2005, 08:07 PM   #21
Puffin
Abandonia Homie

I went horseriding 3 years ago, with a bunch of people. I got the last horse, and it was untamed. I thought "what the heck, I've been on it within the fence, it's ok to go for a longer time on it". So we went on. My horse got mad, and started running and then threw me off. I hit a bump on the ground, with my right M. Gluteus Maximus (thanks, Tom!!). So i got bruised, from the lowest part of the back down to the highest part of the thigh. I couldn't sit, i couldn't sleep on my side or on my back, and i couldn't run for months. This was in July, I still had a bruise in November when I saw the doctor.
Now there's a small chunck in the muscle, that i will have removed when i have time. It's turning into a "bone", it's chalck now, made of blood. Don't ask me.

This week has been extremely painful, too. I sprained my neck on Wednsday, still hurts a lot. Today I had a birthmark on my back, and some weird thing off my chest removed. The local anastetics on my chest didn't work too well, so in the end it wore off. That hurt a lot, so I was very close to fainting (happens a lot to me).
On the back, he had to close it with a piece of skin that hadn't been in the anastetics. That also hurt a lot.
Now I can't move my right hand much, because the birthmark is on the bone on the back that's connected to the hand. And the thingy on my bra hurts the other stuff a lot.
Boh.
Puffin is offline                         Send a private message to Puffin
Old 18-08-2005, 08:27 PM   #22
mm_pie
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Fruit Pie Jones@Aug 18 2005, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Believe it or not it's very easy to break your bones in a stupid manner.
Oh, I know it's easy. But that's eleven breaks! Injuries like that usually require high speeds, heavy objects, or some combination of the two.
I never really fully understood what happened. I do know that the council's health and safety department closed it down for two weeks. (My parents were awfully good at making a fuss) When it re-opened, my (somewhat stupid friend visited it and said that they'd put new barriers in. Hmm....
mm_pie is offline                         Send a private message to mm_pie
Old 18-08-2005, 08:37 PM   #23
Doubler
Resident Llama

Send a message via MSN to Doubler

People, these are some serious pains around here :blink:
The worst thing I've felt is when my dentist accidentally pulled the wrong (and unsedated) tooth. Stupid and painfull :tai:
Old 18-08-2005, 08:47 PM   #24
Chuck the plant
Game Wizzard

Well, somehow it seeems that I'm more the one to cause pain than suffering from it, at least physically speaking.

So all I can offer is the occasional bruised lip or cut in the face or some haematomes when I was younger. The worst physical pain I ever had to go through was after all 4 of my wisdom teeth had been pulled in one go... lucky me. :bleh:
Chuck the plant is offline                         Send a private message to Chuck the plant
Old 18-08-2005, 09:04 PM   #25
Kon-Tiki
[BANNED]

I've had people try to break my arm by holding it stretched and punching the elbow, I've had three treetrunks fall into my neck and onto my shoulders at once, I've had a thorn in the flesh under my thumb's fingernail, which had to be pulled out with something that looked like a fishhook with a handle, I've had bloodblisters in combination with blisters with thick, green pus while still having to walk on for days without being able to properly treat them, I've broken my ankle, got lots of twigs poking in my eyes at various times, even peed against barbed wire that had electricity on it once (man, my reflexes were quicker than ever then), but none of them beats losing a friend you thought cared. That's the worst pain.
Kon-Tiki is offline                         Send a private message to Kon-Tiki
Old 18-08-2005, 09:13 PM   #26
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Did that happen to you?
You're right, losing a friend who you thought cared is very painful.
Especially if you were very close.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 18-08-2005, 09:13 PM   #27
troop18546
Home Sweet Abandonia

Worst pain? O.K. when I was a little kid, I went sledge riding. I failed to stop in time cause I was going to fast... BOOOOOOOOOOM!!!! AGONY AGONY AGONY...
I hit a log with my shins. Couldn't walk that day. Swole up twice the size...
Dang, I don't know how I didn't break my legs... :blink:
troop18546 is offline                         Send a private message to troop18546
Old 18-08-2005, 09:41 PM   #28
lethe
Game freak

Quote:
Originally posted by efthimios@Aug 18 2005, 04:36 PM
Ouch all the above must be very painful!

My two worse pains were:

2)I had an operation on eh, private part and the doc did not give me enough anesthetic* for that area, so he started with that small knife and....it was very painful.
I'm not the only one, I'm not the only one...

It sucks when your body flows drugs so well, doesn't it? Ended up feeling the stings for the entire surgery since the anesthesia didn't work in the specific area, nearly entered in shock at first... But then I got out of it totally stoned! My legs were talking to each other going like "You go first".

Broke both arms couple years ago riding a motorcycle. One infected under the gypsum, started to give me high fevers. When I removed it, the skin came with it, my arm was in flesh. Had to treat with serum and some other very burning liquid straight on the flesh, half an hour every day for a month and a half until it created a new skin.

ps: Tom, I learned long ago to wear closed helmets :bleh: Quite funny to see them splash.
lethe is offline                         Send a private message to lethe
Old 18-08-2005, 09:50 PM   #29
blastradius14
Abandonia Homie

Losing anything that was close to you (particulary if it was alive) is very painful, and will hurt you longer than any wound to the crotch.

When you get so old your stuff don't work so good, but your brain does. (at least for a little while).
blastradius14 is offline                         Send a private message to blastradius14
Old 18-08-2005, 09:57 PM   #30
Dino
Call me Edmund

Quote:
Originally posted by Kon-Tiki@Aug 18 2005, 10:04 PM
none of them beats losing a friend you thought cared. That's the worst pain.
You got that right, no physical pain could match serious emotional one.