Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

View Poll Results: Is the EU a good idea or doomed to failure?
A Fantastic Idea, but i disagreed with the new constitution plan. 3 20.00%
A Fantastic Idea, and i liked the new constitution plan. 5 33.33%
An okay idea, and i disagreed with the new consititution plan. 2 13.33%
An okay idea, and i like the new constitution plan. 1 6.67%
A rubbish idea. 4 26.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-08-2005, 08:10 PM   #21
a1s
Hero Gamer

you know what that means... ( )
but seriously, how is rising prices a sign of a stable economy, my bet would actualy be infaltion... :blink:
a1s is offline                         Send a private message to a1s
Old 09-08-2005, 08:21 PM   #22
mm_pie
Forum hobbit

economic growth more like.
mm_pie is offline                         Send a private message to mm_pie
Old 09-08-2005, 08:24 PM   #23
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by a1s@Aug 9 2005, 09:10 PM
my bet would actualy be infaltion... :blink:
Mine too, I asked my mother to adjust my weekly lunchmoney to the consumer price index... a polite way for asking a raise.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:13 AM   #24
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

Ummm you have all completely missed the point. I´m a Brit and I actually want the Euro in my country, unlike a lot of other people. Also, how the bloody hell could you know whether you liked the constitution when the only people that read it were high-up government ministers? You may have got a small amount of the points as a summary, but that´s about it.

I like the idea of the EU, but they haven´t really got much done yet. I am in favour of the UK giving money to the EU, as it means that other countries can benefit from our money and in the future it will mean that the EU will eventually be able to challenge China and India as a superpower in the next 10 or 15 years.
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 11-08-2005, 02:28 PM   #25
plague
Abandonia nerd

I can say that idea is good, but implementation isn't. But I haven't familiarized myself with EU so much that I could judge it. At least EU hasn't done same to europe what "communism" did to Soviet Union.
plague is offline                         Send a private message to plague
Old 11-08-2005, 02:55 PM   #26
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by PrejudiceSucks@Aug 11 2005, 11:13 AM
actually want the Euro in my country, unlike a lot of other people.
If you don't mind me asking, why exactly would you want to switch to the euro?

Quote:
Also, how the bloody hell could you know whether you liked the constitution when the only people that read it were high-up government ministers? You may have got a small amount of the points as a summary, but that´s about it.
Well that is just it, the constitution was never really made public. The only ones who got the entire book were the high-up ministers (who backed the constitution in the first place) You couldn't find it's (entire) content online or in any library. If people are going to have to live under a constitution, shouldn't these people be informed as to what it actually says, I mean it could just as well say "We the people hereby accept our current government as our eternal rulers with unlimited power and resources." okay I'm making a silly joke here but that was one thing that really bothered me about the constitution.
The only time we heard about it was when some politician came on TV in order to gather support (which wasn't even the case here in belgium because our government had decided for us... eventhough quite a few people were against it)
Old 11-08-2005, 05:10 PM   #27
mm_pie
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by PrejudiceSucks@Aug 11 2005, 11:13 AM
Ummm you have all completely missed the point. I´m a Brit and I actually want the Euro in my country, unlike a lot of other people.
I couldn't agree more! The EU rebate issue is just one of those hostilities that occasionally happen and it will all just blow over without anything happening. I wish our fellow brits would give up the thing that about 80% of them have. Most of us apart from some people from the political extremes have forgiven Germany, and that was 1939-1945, yet they can't forgive france for a series of wars that ended in 1815. Most people don't even know why. Bloody Ridiculous!

I think that their should be an EU Space Program, which would please the french (as long as we actually beat the americans! If one was launched in Britain, the approach to the spacecraft should become a march to "Is the way to Amarillo" by Tony Christie.
Sha la la la lah lah la lah! Sha la la la lah lah la lah! When the Day is Dawnin, On a texas sunday mornin, how i long to be there, with marie whos waitin 4 me there...
Old 11-08-2005, 05:11 PM   #28
mm_pie
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Stroggy@Aug 11 2005, 03:55 PM

Well that is just it, the constitution was never really made public. The only ones who got the entire book were the high-up ministers (who backed the constitution in the first place) You couldn't find it's (entire) content online or in any library. If people are going to have to live under a constitution, shouldn't these people be informed as to what it actually says, I mean it could just as well say "We the people hereby accept our current government as our eternal rulers with unlimited power and resources." okay I'm making a silly joke here but that was one thing that really bothered me about the constitution.
The only time we heard about it was when some politician came on TV in order to gather support (which wasn't even the case here in belgium because our government had decided for us... eventhough quite a few people were against it)
A perfect example of modern day democracy. LOL
Old 11-08-2005, 05:19 PM   #29
blastradius14
Abandonia Homie

I live in Texas and I hate that song LOL

Yeah, really, what is the point of a constitution if the public can't read it?

*Prime Minister* Alright guys, were gonna tell the public that we have made a constitution.
*High up Minister* But we haven't actually made one yet
*Prime Minister* So? If we say they can't see it, what does it matter if we have made one....
*Some other Minister* That is obscene, it offends the people!
*Prime Minister* Hahahahah. Who cares, I'm going to do it anyway.

This probably isn't what happened, but you never know...

Quote:
in the future it will mean that the EU will eventually be able to challenge China and India as a superpower in the next 10 or 15 years
You certain? I don't think that the whole of Europe will be able to compete with China once it gets it's minor affairs in order. Y'know how valuable recycled aluminum is? As long as the US is selling metal to China then China will remain uber, after all, Jamaica is much closer to the US than it is to China :evil:
blastradius14 is offline                         Send a private message to blastradius14
Old 11-08-2005, 05:25 PM   #30
mm_pie
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by blastradius14@Aug 11 2005, 06:19 PM
I live in Texas and I hate that song LOL

It represents Britain and it's wonderfully odd comedy that Americans don't get, but some (intelligent) Europeans do. It also represent Peter Kay . I also like Jonny Vegas a bit, but my fave standup has to be Geordieland's own Ross Noble. Sha lalalalalalah There's a Church bell ringin dalalalala and a song of joy that its singin... :Brain: