Send a message via MSN to Doubler

a15drian, please try to avoid triple posting, or even double posting
Try to edit your posts instead.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:32 PM   #172
Shrek
Abandonia Ogre

Quote:
Originally posted by Guest@Jul 29 2005, 11:49 AM
I have a problem starting TTD in windows XP. I have downloaded TTD, I have run the Runme!.reg file, and then started the game. It started normaly. The second day i've tried to started again but this time the game didn't want to start. Please, can anyone help me?
i just found a similar problem in my version (downloaded from this site): when i double-click the exe file (Transport Tycoon Deluxe.exe), it opens a window, keeps it for about one second displays flash text (which i can' t see because is too fast) and closes window. Since this is the "windows version" it doesn' t run under DOSBox.

After knocking with my head in a few walls for some time (here' s a sample of that ), i decided to run a "Dos command line" and run the game from there. there i finaly was able to read the text, and here i leave its transcription:

"Unknown language 'pt' specified in the environment variable LANG or LANGUAGE. Known languages: English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Norwegian, Polish, Russian, Spanish
Use SET LANG=language to select the language.
E.G. SET LANG=french"

i' m using the portuguese version of Windows XP, so i' m not surprised to see the "pt" in this LANG variable, so after reading this, i created a BAT file (E.G.: ttd.bat) and inside i placed two command lines like this:

set lang=english
"D:\Transport Tycoon Deluxe\Transport Tycoon Deluxe.exe"

the quotes (") are needed to because the folder and exe file name have more than 8 characters and include the space character.

running this BAT file made the game work again. if someone has a similar problem, i advise him (or her ) to test this option and enjoy this great game :Brain:
Shrek is offline                         Send a private message to Shrek
Old 10-08-2005, 09:03 AM   #173
a15drian
Game freak

Send a message via MSN to a15drian
ok who needs help at scotland i help him
i am the best 100.000.000.000$ whiout a cheat :angel:
i used all the subsides and build planes whit goods ,wood, from a far distance to edinburgh :Brain:
The mogul :Brain:
Old 10-08-2005, 10:26 AM   #174
mm_pie
Forum hobbit

Scotland and West Country are easily the 2 best maps. I run a company on the west country map that has an airport in every town with more than 100 citizens (in other words all of them). They all have a route into one of my 4 large airports at cardiff. Some towns have upto 10 routes running from them.
If u lot r all still using the old graphics, get the new set from The TTDpatch website and then go to The utility download page of Shadow-XIII to download some good software to maintain ttdpatch.
mm_pie is offline                         Send a private message to mm_pie
Old 10-08-2005, 11:43 AM   #175
bruno
Home Sweet Abandonia

i create a scenario very difficult, and in1965 my company worth 7.000.000
bruno is offline                         Send a private message to bruno
Old 19-08-2005, 04:27 PM   #176
strangelove
Abandonia nerd

I've never played this before but was a big fan of Chris Sawyers Rollercoaster Tycoon and this looks easily as good. I've got a bit of a problem though, can you have more than one train operating on the same line? It looks like you can as it allows you to purchase a second train. For some reason I only ever see one train moving along the rails and nothing new emerges from my depot. Am I doing something wrong? I've selected its route and started it just like I did with the other train but no show! When I click on my depot it shows the most recently added train, but only that one (ie train 2 or train 3 if I add another).
strangelove is offline                         Send a private message to strangelove
Old 19-08-2005, 05:16 PM   #177
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

You can't have more than one train running on the same track; the solution is to build a second (or third or...) track next to it for another train.
However you don't need parallel tracks along the whole way: with the use of traffic lights you can create a sort of passing place.

For example visit http://home.c2i.net/cecilieTT/begicorn.htm#railwa and scroll down to "railways first". There you'll see 2 images of combinations of single and parallel tracks (it's hard to explain it in words).

http://www.railserve.com/jump/jump.cgi?ID=10957 features some more images and explanation of railway building.

The computer itself also uses this mix of single and parallel tracks, but don't take its way of trackbuilding as a good example... Those tracks will often include unnecessary curves, bridges, etc.
Old 19-08-2005, 06:14 PM   #178
strangelove
Abandonia nerd

k: Thanks a lot for the explanation and links, that makes perfect sense now! I was trying to follow the computers example but then I realised it kept going bust so probably not the best way to go! Thanks again, I'm hooked on this one already.
strangelove is offline                         Send a private message to strangelove
Old 19-08-2005, 08:19 PM   #179
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Please everyone, take note that the official sequel to TTD is named "Locomotion". I just purchased it for then bucks at my local EB Games shop. I'll try it and give out my thoughts on the game later on this week... Which mean when I'll have time to try it.
Old 20-08-2005, 02:06 AM   #180
robaco

http://www.openttd.com

With this "patch" you can play multiplayer