Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20-02-2009, 12:40 AM   #1
rabadi
New(bie) Kid on the Linux Users' Block

Default Entomorph - Plague of the Darkfall

Several days ago Ermuli generously provided the game to the ISO Cellar, and so I downloaded the files and set out to try to finish what I could not about four years ago. However, I encounter problem playing it.

It is a Windows 95/ Windows 3.1 game, so trying to play it on the latest DOSBox does not work (DOSBox says it is a WinNT game). VDMSound does not work either.

I do not have access to Windows 95, Windows 3.1, and also no longer have access to Windows 98 and/or Windows 2000, so that leaves me with Windows XP only. No Vi$ta obviously

Strange thing is that I was able to play the game (albeit not finished it) four years ago on Windows XP, but I cannot seem to play it now. Of course it was on a different laptop than I have now. I already set the compatibility mode to Win 95, color to 256, but that does not solve the problem. I tried to google it, and this person here seems to experience the same thing. That is the error message "Not enough memory to start game".

My laptop is Asus A6J Intel Centrino Duo T2300 1.66GHz , 15.4"WXGA with 256MB VGA RAM of ATI Mobility X1600, 80GB HDD, and 512MB Memory, running Windows XP Home Edition SP2.

I have not tried to play it under Linux with Wine

Help, guys? Thanks in advance.
rabadi is offline                         Send a private message to rabadi