Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 13-09-2004, 05:38 AM   #21
Eagle of Fire

I just noticed that I can vote as much as I want from day to day... So much for me thinking the votes were accurate...

Old 13-09-2004, 11:47 PM   #22
Durak
Games Master

Uh...I guess just don't then? =)

Edit: Well I just tried again but it didn't change the number of votes, so I'm not sure if it does anything.
Durak is offline                         Send a private message to Durak
Old 14-09-2004, 08:10 PM   #23
Wilo

I'll think about that 2 account idea.. seems cheap to me though, then again starting on netstorm nowadays is almost impossible since all you have is shitty sun weapons. always got owned by the crossbows.
Wilo is offline                         Send a private message to Wilo
Old 14-09-2004, 09:09 PM   #24
Durak
Games Master

Sun actually isn't bad. A lot of good players can just do a sun rush with sun disk throwers (they're been improved in range and a little power with patch) and beat a person using crossbows. Sun actually isn't bad at all, disk throwers are cheap, sun barracades are really good, balloons are good, generators are needed, whirlibases are good...
Old 18-09-2004, 05:52 PM   #25
Eagle of Fire

Sun is the second best, and Wind is the best because of both crossbows and the flying ship.

Water and Thunder can be good too, I guess it depend on your style. But I really don't like them.

Old 25-09-2004, 07:46 PM   #26
Durak
Games Master

Sun can beat wind. You just have to be fast at that start. As for rain, it can beat wind but it has a little different strategy and you should usually use it with sun for the barracades. Thunder is good in 2 versus 2, or 3 versus 3 if you're in a sort of deadlock near the center on you want to put large pressure on the outposts or key spots.
Old 15-10-2004, 01:16 AM   #27
NsWorld

Well Under Linux using wineX I have found to be best, Mandrake 9 - 10.1 and redhat/fedora are definite. havent tried on suse 9.1 yet
I did try transgameing but found that all he lettering was in black (never figured out how to change that
Best Bet is to go to http://www.transgaming.com if you want to find more about playing windows based games on a linux box (and there are many that can be tweeked to play)

As Durak so kindly said Visit the sites, give us your support maybe even join in the ladders.
Oh and ignore the barbarians.

Last edited by arete; 26-10-2009 at 06:40 AM. Reason: :)

Old 21-10-2004, 12:45 PM   #28
THEEVILOFMEN

I have to admit that it IS fun, but I cannot seem to create any new senarios. The game always has an error and exits. But on the whole, very fun! nice spin on the strategy genre!

Old 24-10-2004, 01:04 AM   #29
Durak
Games Master

Try heading over here http://www.netstormworld.com/e107_pl...ap/wrap.php?16. and checking it out. You may not have created a .english file which can be the main source of crashes.
Old 24-10-2004, 02:59 AM   #30
Fluxy
Forum hobbit

I remember playing this game when I was around.. 10 or so. My uncle had a CD with a whole bunch of games burnt onto it and this was one of them. I didn't play it that deeply though, because it was pretty hard to understand.

Now that highspeed is getting hooked up in my area soon, perhaps I'll give this a little look through.
Fluxy is offline                         Send a private message to Fluxy