Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 25-07-2006, 05:35 PM   #31
Tito
Alley Cat

I don't remember having any problems killing that caveman other than timing. It was just a bit more difficult. For those who ask about how to finish the game, I only managed to acquire a 100% after killing the las wizard deflecting his fireball with the shield, then picking up some short of thing he left in the ground, automatically dropping it by the edge of the cliff and (this is the funniest part) comminting suicide by dropping myself down the same cliff. Quite stupid.

I have to agree that the controls were horrible. But, hey, it was my first PC game.
Old 26-07-2006, 07:21 AM   #32
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TechnoSpike @ Jul 25 2006, 12:43 PM) [snapback]244985[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Can anyone tell me how I can pass/beat the dragon, please?
[/b]
I remember running towards it, then performing a sort of salto (no idea which command it was, may have been F7 or so) which carried me over the dragon. Then I continued running to the next screen.
Old 29-07-2006, 04:17 PM   #33

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Flint @ Jul 19 2006, 06:52 AM) [snapback]243874[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
at a certain time you face sort of a magician, throwing fire balls at you. I managed to kill him a few times, returning one of his fire balls with the shield (to be found after the dragon). But in de next screen (to the left) there’s nothing than an enormous ravine. Also the screen turned red, didn’t know what to do next. I once walked all the way back (ooof!) to the beginning, hoping that I could walk to the left without being chopped. No way. Anyone ever completed this game? (If possible!!?)
[/b]
Yes it's possible.

After killing the magician with the shield, the magician
will leave behind a shiny ball.

Pick it up. You will automatically walk to the
next screen to the left and throw the ball into the pit (causing
some big explosion).

And then, (this is the *amazing stupid part*), you should
walk left and also fall into the pit to your death!!!
If the magician hadn't been killed, then falling into the pit will kill you.
But now that the magician is dead, falling into the pit *completes the game*!!!

Old 29-07-2006, 04:20 PM   #34

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tito @ Jul 25 2006, 05:35 PM) [snapback]245050[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I have to agree that the controls were horrible. But, hey, it was my first PC game.
[/b]
Fortunately, now with DOSBOX emulator, you can remap the keys.

I remapped it to use Left/Right/Up/Down, and use SPACEBAR
for attack, and TAB for switching the 2 menus.

The game suddenly becomes much more playable. :)

Old 29-07-2006, 07:22 PM   #35
guesst
Abandonia Homie

Now that's clever.
guesst is offline                         Send a private message to guesst
Old 29-07-2006, 11:15 PM   #36
punch999
The true Shadow President

But does it become fun?
punch999 is offline                         Send a private message to punch999
Old 02-08-2006, 11:21 PM   #37
whatshisface
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via AIM to whatshisface Send a message via Yahoo to whatshisface

not only does this game become playable, it becomes a kinda fun of a i would say 3/5 game, if you just take 5 minutes keymapping. besides the annoying but fixable controls, the only thing that remains a pain in the neck is the different sword attacks, some are lighting quick and some are slow, but you dont know what your barbarian is going to do which can result in many death. overall id say to try it with changed controls, and it probably will be worth it to play/
whatshisface is offline                         Send a private message to whatshisface
Old 03-08-2006, 04:52 PM   #38
Tito
Alley Cat

About the different types of attack, I think there were three of them, and they were in order. That is, when you see the character is using the slow attack, simply use it about 20 times and it will change to another type. And so on.
Old 03-08-2006, 04:59 PM   #39
TechnoSpike

Thanks for the info regarding the dragon... I managed to bypass it, but one of the caveman claimed my last life...I 'll eventually play it more times untill I hope I get to the end...

Old 31-12-2006, 03:48 PM   #40

It IS indeed rather stupid that you complete the game by committing suicide...i.e, walking off the edge of the cliff you tossed the remains of the last vampire/wizard into...but it does indeed give you the congratulations-message that you've finished the game and completed 100%.

I did find out, btw, that you can safely skip nearly 50% of all the monsters in the game. By running towards them (with F7), then making a flip with F6 and then immediately run again with F7, you can safely pass most enemies that block your path. Fun to do too and safer than sword swings. (usually, I slash once just outside the range where an enemy will start approaching you and pray the slash I saw is also the slash that's used to kill the monster...it usually is) I remember getting past the caveman close to the ladder once without immediately getting killed, but I don't remember if I jumped or ran past him. Usually I just lose a life there.

Once you get used to the controls, it's fun to play for half an hour and not too difficult. Before you get used to the controls, it's teeeedious.