Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 01-06-2005, 10:52 AM   #91
Thumbs down

Play the barbarians on a big map
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php...701&postcount=3
savegame

Old 02-06-2005, 07:00 AM   #92
TradaPIB

Hey Goldberg, you found this place too..

All I can say is that Civ 1 is the best game I have ever played. I just finished a nfoc (night full of civilization) and every game feels like my first.

What can I say? It's totally amazing. I'm even considering buying a personalised shirt stating: '[civilization one forever]'

Wouldn't that just be cool-tastic?

Old 08-06-2005, 01:49 AM   #93

You may need the manual, unless you have memorized all the tech advances and can get past the security questions.

Old 08-06-2005, 01:57 AM   #94

It is possible to beat the game on EMPEROR before 1000 BC

Start on the "EARTH" map, with the germans, 3 civilizations.
With germans, you always get a white civ and a green civ to start with you. Make sure you get the one with babylonians and romans.
With your settler, move down and left to Italy and conquer Rome with your settler. (no soldiers can be built in 5 turns). Russians will pop up 3 squares up and 2 squares down in spain. Conquer moscow. There two civs gone. only babylonians left. Build a city beside some rivers and forests, set tax to 0 and science to 100. discover the wheel as fast as possible. build 2 chariots, conquer babylon. it should be around 2000 bc now. Using the two chariots, hunt down the zulus. If you're lucky, you can beat them by 1000 BC. Score: 1200 Percent: 176%

Old 09-06-2005, 11:45 AM   #95
Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by Guest@Jun 8 2005, 01:57 AM

With germans, you always get a white civ and a green civ to start with you. Make sure you get the one with babylonians and romans.
With your settler, move down and left to Italy and conquer Rome with your settler. (no soldiers can be built in 5 turns). Russians will pop up 3 squares up and 2 squares down in spain. Conquer moscow. There two civs gone. only babylonians left. Build a city beside some rivers and forests, set tax to 0 and science to 100. discover the wheel as fast as possible. build 2 chariots, conquer babylon. it should be around 2000 bc now. Using the two chariots, hunt down the zulus. If you're lucky, you can beat them by 1000 BC. Score: 1200 Percent: 176%
or you may try civfanatics'

Space Race Contest
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=113563

to show
how GOOD you really are...

best player did it in the year 1920 BC at chieftain level.

Old 19-06-2005, 07:58 PM   #96
blastradius14
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by Guest@Jun 8 2005, 01:57 AM

THIS does not ring true as the starting locs are often random, and one of them may pop up in America after you kill that person. That, and a person who has a forest can build a warrior in less than 5 turns. Like the romans, for example...

One neat thing to know is that Barbarians will not appear on the map until you have at least one city. If you want to waste lots of time you can explore with that one settler until you find a cavalry or chariot and then walk that settler straight to china, discover map making and masonry, and go build your capital on an island or on Austrailia, and you won't ever have to worry about the computer killing you. You will have like 50 units from no where, giving you enough time to fight someone off if they manage to attack you. Horribly cowardly tactics, but I was bored at the time. To get rid of your old capital, change the terrain under it to a forest and make everyone not produce food. Horrible? Sure, but who cares. You are god in this game.

Why did they make civwin so much crappier in appearance than Civ1? Civnet looks like civwin and is not much better. If you want a multiplayer civ game play Civ2. They have a Civ1 scenario on Civfanatics, but there is something wrong with it...
blastradius14 is offline                         Send a private message to blastradius14
Old 19-06-2005, 08:03 PM   #97
blastradius14
Abandonia Homie

C'mon you guys, the quizzes are simple stuff! Ooooh, what does Robotics come with? I DON'T KNOW! IT MAKES MY BRAIN HURT! Use common sense people, figure it out. Hahahahhaha!

Sorry about that :bleh:
blastradius14 is offline                         Send a private message to blastradius14
Old 20-06-2005, 08:11 PM   #98
blastradius14
Abandonia Homie

I just have to ask: Is the reason this game is allowed to stay online because (it appears) someone modified the french version to english?

I have noticed several discrepancies in the game straying from the original.
Old 20-06-2005, 08:14 PM   #99
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

I think this version was modified, I remember the game I downloaded here had a pretty rascist joke in it at one point, but that version may have been replaced.
Old 26-06-2005, 01:05 PM   #100
Grnik

My favourite games of AlL times!!! Tens of thousands of hours spent on this one and on Civ 2!!! I'll start playing it again! My high score was 3265 points with half a billion population and 372%. I haven't met anyone with a better score to day (I'm not bragging guys I just want to know your scores). Finishing the game fast is not the point though. Play it in a huge map with as many civilizations as possible.