Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Offers
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 22-10-2016, 07:30 PM   #21
spamalot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre View Post
Umm... Did you hear anything I said, spamalot?

ISO is no good. It haven't audio-tracks, obviously, at all. Almost any OTHER format will do. And I, personally, recommend MDS/MDF.
yes i did, but did you read what i posted on page 1 already? :P
even an mdf/mds image won't function corretly as an audio cd when mounting it.

and even with the original cd in my dvd-drive mounted as D: to the windows 3.11 i won't get any music, just an error. i think there is no way to get music into this version...
spamalot is offline                         Send a private message to spamalot
Old 22-10-2016, 07:30 PM   #22
zirkoni
Game Wizzzzzzard

Quote:
And I, personally, recommend MDS/MDF.
Why? mds/mdf is not supported by DOSBox, bin/cue is.
Old 23-10-2016, 05:39 PM   #23
spamalot

Quote:
Originally Posted by zirkoni View Post
is bin/cue able to contain multiple tracks (data & audio)?

what program can i copy a mixed mode cd 1:1 (bitwise would be the best) to bin/cue?
Old 24-10-2016, 01:21 AM   #24
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by spamalot View Post
uh, yes i included all stuff in one package, ready to extract, import to d-fend and run...

is that not good? a plain copy of the cd as image? but everyone has to tinker around to switch to english and get it to run in windows without errors...
Here's thing: I don't exactly feel confortable providing windows as the normal download of the game. Could be I'm overreacting since we already offer this download from our server and it is no longer supported. Next thing would be: why offering standalone DOS games att all, why not provide every game with DOSBox at least... so I suppose some tweaking is mandatory.

As for ENG files, well, is it possible to provide english prepared isntallation as one zip and german as another? We can have link for original CD image for preservation purposes.

Quote:
Speaking about fullscreen - isn't it starts as is by default? I.e., you need to set _DOSBox_ to the fullscreen, but otherwise you must be fine, no?
@spamalot: what do you mean by fullscreen? Is Dosbox not in full screen or when you run the game in Win (inside DOSBox), it runs in windowed mode?
Still, I suppose that's OK if that's how the game works.

Quote:
...insist for you to try Daemon Tools Lite for burning and mounting, and check if anything changed about music.
I second this. Maybe your images are OK but mounting program doesn't recognize music files. Try Daemon Tools Lite (Lite package is free I think) and see if it is better.

Quote:
Also, I have no idea where is my version _now_, but I uploaded full german version (with soundtracks) when I had it, in the .nrg format, so it must be there, somewhere in the Abandonia admin files.
Ok, here are Spectre's version (RAR and Spectre's message ), so please check if audio files work on his version.

@spamalot: you said you have original cd with both WV1 and WV2. Is that like some special release of both games?
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 24-10-2016, 11:03 AM   #25
zirkoni
Game Wizzzzzzard

Quote:
Yes, and you should use the imgmount command in DOSBox to mount the cue-file.

Quote:
what program can i copy a mixed mode cd 1:1 (bitwise would be the best) to bin/cue?
Linux:
Code:
cdrdao read-cd --datafile image.bin --driver generic-mmc:0x20000 --device /dev/cdrom --read-raw image.toc
toc2cue image.toc image.cue
http://www.dosbox.com/wiki/Cuesheet
Old 24-10-2016, 11:46 AM   #26
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Quote:
and even with the original cd in my dvd-drive mounted as D: to the windows 3.11 i won't get any music, just an error. i think there is no way to get music into this version...
THIS was the info that I needed. So it doesn't work for you, right. But it doesn't mean that MDS was wrong - only that your system doesn't recognize it. I vaguely remember that being a general issue for all Windowses wince Win8, but I cannot remember exactly what is the reason of it.

Anyway, it doesn't mean that MDS was wrong - but ISO is definitely bad choice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zirkoni View Post
Problem is, making MDF is possible with the free DT Lite. Making CUE/BIN requires paid tools that I cannot assume for the spamalot. And mounting in DOSBox possible for the both versions - only with BIN/CUE it could work better, as it will be native DOSBox emulation, and with MDF it was like mounting "real" CD (and can be bugged. Or not. I cannot remember, as I said).
Quote:

Well, I have no idea. Actually, DT Lite _can_ do that, but I know that at least several years ago there was the error in the generated CUE - offset was wrong, so all tracks was started/ended in the wrong places. I have no idea if it fixed now, but cannot recommend that because of that.
Old 24-10-2016, 11:51 AM   #27
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko river View Post
As for ENG files, well, is it possible to provide english prepared isntallation as one zip and german as another? We can have link for original CD image for preservation purposes.
Well, most simple way is to surgically replace .ger files with .eng right in the CD-image. It's possible, even if I am don't like it. Still, I need original CD for that, as "my" CD is the same cadaver, made from pirated ISO, and real image can be somewhat different from the pirated version.
Old 24-10-2016, 07:33 PM   #28
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Well, most simple way is to surgically replace .ger files with .eng right in the CD-image. It's possible, even if I am don't like it. Still, I need original CD for that, as "my" CD is the same cadaver, made from pirated ISO, and real image can be somewhat different from the pirated version.
Aha - so if spamalot has original CD of WV2, we're there right?
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 24-10-2016, 09:33 PM   #29
zirkoni
Game Wizzzzzzard

There are some free (shareware -> missing some features) programs for Windows that can make bin/cue images:
IsoBuster (I've used this one)
ImgBurn (this one is 100% freeware)
MagicISO
Old 25-10-2016, 06:31 PM   #30
spamalot

@marko river:
i understand that usually the plain dos-game is provided. you may do that but i fear that the "common" user won't be able to play the game then. maybe the should be a step-by-step-guide?

the fullscreen-thing: i start d-fend, in it i start windows(emulated with dosbox). i can tell d-fend to start it fullscreen, so win 3.11 is fullscreen. then, inside of windows 3.11 the game starts in a window. not really bad, but not perfect

and yes, its a kind of special edition from a magazine or so. bought it from ebay.

i'll give demon tools a shot now.

it should be possible to provide an english and a german version, since the *.GER and *.ENG files are lying on the original cd under E:\WV2WIN\TEXT so hard renaming the ENG to GER should do the trick.

edit: here's the image:
http://www.4shared.com/zip/tU23KIn3c...2_Windows.html

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20161025_192610.jpg (186.8 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by spamalot; 25-10-2016 at 08:04 PM.