Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 06-03-2008, 06:40 PM   #141
theplayover

HEY!!! where is my pic!?!?
theplayover is offline                         Send a private message to theplayover
Old 06-03-2008, 07:56 PM   #142
Japo
Autonomous human

Crew happiness depends on the plunder (the higher the better), number of men (the fewer the better), and time since the expedition started (the shorter the better). The influence of time is so strong that you can't have a numerous crew for a long time (yes you should have them killed before dividing the plunder), and you must always divide the plunder eventually sooner or later.

If your crew is unhappy you'll have mutinies, and more importantly the dissatisfied will steal part of your plunder when escaping.
Old 07-03-2008, 10:48 AM   #143
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

The size of the crew doesn't effect the size of your share. So there's no need for killing party members before.
kmonster is offline                         Send a private message to kmonster
Old 07-03-2008, 10:58 AM   #144
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmonster View Post
The size of the crew doesn't effect the size of your share. So there's no need for killing party members before.
It doesn't effect your share, but it keeps the crew happier a bit longer and it helps your reputation (for getting a crew next time you go out to sea).

Here are some more tips (although most of it was already said).

1 - don't land in ports with a large and unhappy crew (they will leave you and take a lot of money, so the rest will be even more unhappy).

2 - if you stay at sea, they may rebell, and you will fight their leader. that's not good, but it's not the worst thing that can happen (just make sure you win).

3 - to make them happier, after you land, devide the plunder (sell all you can before that - just make sure you are left with the ship you want to keep).

4 - it's better to have as many men as possible killed before you do 3 (less man and more money - always makes them happy). So attack big towns, attack ships and don't take any sailors. Don't try to get a quick win, but lt coputer kill as many people as possible (use small ships against large enemy ships - so more of the crew dies).

5 - remember, you can not keep them happy forever, so devide the plunder at just the right time (a lot of money, only a few men) and you will get a new crew (that will stay happy longer). The longer the crew is under you, the unhappier it will become. The larger the crew, the faster it becomes unhappy. Big plunders make crew happier again (I noticed that it's usually about 100 gold peices per crew member, so if you have 400 sailors you need to get at least 40.000 in an attack to really improve the moral - or kill many sailors).
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 30-12-2008, 11:39 AM   #145
Unregistered111

I have the problem. After i have choose ship before sea battle, i can,t fire because the ship have no cannon. How i can to transport cannon from one ship to another?

Old 30-12-2008, 05:01 PM   #146
Japo
Autonomous human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered111 View Post
I have the problem. After i have choose ship before sea battle, i can,t fire because the ship have no cannon. How i can to transport cannon from one ship to another?
They get distributed automatically. These are the rules for cannons and men if memory serves me right:
  1. Every ship except the flagship gets up to two cannons, the flagship gets the rest.
  2. Every cannon needs four sailors to man. So no more cannons can be used in battle than a quarter of the number of sailors in the flagship--or the maximum for the flagship class if there are enough sailors--the rest of cannons are just stored as cargo.
  3. Every ship needs eight people at least. The flagship gets the rest of sailors. If you don't have enough men at least, you'll be asked to dispose of some ships.
Old 19-02-2009, 05:41 AM   #147
grikmok
Default Trouble Installing game

Everyone,

I can't install the game, I clicked on the INSTALL.exe and it led me to a DOS-based window that said to insert the floppy disk to be installed. Can someone please help?

Thanks!

Old 19-02-2009, 07:13 AM   #148
arete
If All Else Fails, Play Dead

Use DOSbox. The games on AB are usually pre-installed. We also have DOSbox help guides on the forum.

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you..."
arete is offline                         Send a private message to arete
Old 21-02-2009, 03:53 PM   #149
laiocfar
NOD Commander

Only the flagship(the ship that you pick to fight) carry cannons, only if your total number of cannons is over the max number allowed by the ship, your flagship will carry the max number of cannons allowed.

If you pick a ship to fight and it got zero cannon, you have zero cannons in your whole fleet.
laiocfar is offline                         Send a private message to laiocfar
Old 24-02-2009, 05:36 AM   #150
grikmok
Default Screen goes blank in a saved game (when trying to sail)

arete,

thanks! i dl-ed DOSBOX, works perfect. i do have another problem. whenever i play a saved game, i cannot sail. the screen just goes blank. do u have any ideas?

thanks!