Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 15-02-2009, 12:41 AM   #3191
Pint

Quote:
Originally Posted by jump View Post
You need the xcomUTIL mod, just google it.
Thanks for the info. I played a test run with this program and it added the statstrings to the names like it said but it still didnt save who had the rocket launcher or what not. Is there something I missed in reading the documentation or is there a setting that should be changed? I am playing the steam version currently.

Old 15-02-2009, 05:25 AM   #3192
Pint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint View Post
Thanks for the info. I played a test run with this program and it added the statstrings to the names like it said but it still didnt save who had the rocket launcher or what not. Is there something I missed in reading the documentation or is there a setting that should be changed? I am playing the steam version currently.
Also instead of remembering where I set different weapons it changed it so that each soldier loads with a weapon in each hand if there are enough weapons to do so. 2 rifles for the win rambo style!

Old 16-02-2009, 12:49 AM   #3193
another guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint View Post
Also instead of remembering where I set different weapons it changed it so that each soldier loads with a weapon in each hand if there are enough weapons to do so. 2 rifles for the win rambo style!
Be careful though because 1 rifle in each hand decreases your accuracy...

Old 16-02-2009, 02:33 AM   #3194
laiocfar
NOD Commander

Thats on normal game, you can carry a rifle each hand but you can only fire once at time with decreased accuracy. But he is talking of using a mod to change the game. I am wondering how did he do to get the animation of the trooper carrying both rifles at time.
laiocfar is offline                         Send a private message to laiocfar
Old 16-02-2009, 04:07 AM   #3195
Pint

No the mod is xcomutil the weapon in each hand was a JOKE. What I want is a mod that will remember how I set up the equipment for each soldier, so this guy holds a heavy plasma has 2 clips in his belt and a high explosive on his left leg ect. Now xcomutil is supposed to do that, but after i set my troops up what happens instead of it remembering how I placed eq it gives weapons out and if there are any extra puts the extra in the off hand of the other soldiers. So I am wondering if it is because I have the steam version of xcom or if there is something I'm not setting. But the end result is not the set up as I laid it out the previous fight. Do I need to save in battlescape? Do I need to do something else to make this feature of xcomutil work.

Old 16-02-2009, 04:39 AM   #3196
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

This is exactly how the original version of UFO should react.

There never was an option to allow the game to "remember" what to equip to whom. It was simply coded that way back in the days when it was a way simplier time.

The only way you could achieve something like this is with mods. Like XcomUtil.

I can't help you, I never use cheats...
Old 25-02-2009, 06:58 AM   #3197
leit
Lurker

Default new game similar to UFO

There is a new game called gunrox http://www.gunrox.com/?ref=Late That is very similar to ufo tactical part in gameplay. It is online multiplayer game, everyone has 3 soldiers and they can arm them as they want. When you gain levels you can allocate skillpoints and perks. Skillpoints make you better using a specific weapon group, damage and accuracy, and also allows you to use higher tier weapons. Perks can give you more health or more action points for example.

The game is free and you can play on a level field with players that do pay, but with cash you get some handy/nice options, like resetting skillpoints or perks, more item storage, customizable look of soldiers etc. You can also buy items with cash, but you can also loot items during games so if you are a decent player you dont really have to shop at all. Having said that, some builds require heavy shopping to work, for example you might be able to find one mine in one game average, so if you spec to mines you really need to shop them to effectively use them too.

You can also get veeery small amounts of ingame cash by reffing new people to the game, which is what I'm doing here but what I would really like is to make the game more known because the game is only fun if you have other people to play it with, and I'm getting so high level now its getting real hard :/ Anyway the game is awesome and you and your friends and mom should try it right away. Especially if you like jagged alliance or ufo or the like.
leit is offline                         Send a private message to leit
Old 27-02-2009, 06:13 AM   #3198
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

There's also UFO: Alien Invasion which is being developed and whose beta versions are freely available.

I still have to try the copy of UFO extraterrestrials that I bought 1 or 2 years ago. Thanks to the crappiness of HP, its sub-par components and horrible drivers, even though I meet the minimum requirements the game won't work
Old 27-02-2009, 11:08 PM   #3199
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

I have never found a UFO clone which was even close to a third as good as the Xcom serie...

I'd love to be proven wrong. Unfortunatly, I've already tried most clones.
Old 27-02-2009, 11:55 PM   #3200
ianfreddie07
wat

Agreed with Eagle. I only played 10 minutes of UFO: Alien Invasion and got bored.